Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cannot Complete Remote Access Setup in MyDVR Manager

New Poster

Cannot Complete Remote Access Setup in MyDVR Manager

I recently switced from the standard DVR service to the AnyRoom DVR service.  When I log on to MyDVR Manager to add the new cable box all I see is the contents of my old DVR and Scheduled Recordings.  I am not prompted to add a new DVR to the account.

I called 800-COMCAST and got the overseas support, they were of little help.

Thanks,
Arin

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Cannot Complete Remote Access Setup in MyDVR Manager

you need to remove the old dvr from your settings on your pc.  Also see if in your box menu you see remote set up.  If you do delete it there also.

New Poster

There is no option to remove it on the site, and I dont have have the old DVR to remove it via the menu.

Silver Problem Solver

which dvr do you have, I have seen that the newest motorola model is not yet compatible with the app.  click the link to see if your box is on the list

http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/HelpNFC.aspx?id=article-requirements-for-dvr-manager

New Poster

Thanks for the link, but it looks like my box is supported.

DCX-3400(m) - It’s the MoCA receiver for Anyroom DVR, it should be compatible with MyDVR Manager. Menu options are there in cable box settings.  Regardless the old DVR (DCX-3400) should not still be on the account.  Something thats really funny is I still get recording notices for my old DVR on my satellite box.  After a few bouts with 800 support, they have escalated to Tier 2.

They did discover that the old box was still on my account in a deactive status, so they have removed it.  Good thing this happened or I have a feeling I would have been billed for the old box.

Normally I wouldn’t care too much about the MyDVR Manager service, but this feeds into the iOS and Android apps which we do use.  Since you can’t schedule recordings from the satellite boxes with the Anyroom service the apps are a good workaround for the problem.  I wish they did have the ability to pause/rewind live TV on the satellite boxes, why in the heck they didn’t think about adding 8GB of flash inside as a live TV buffer is beyond me.

Official Employee

NNeelix wrote:

Thanks for the link, but it looks like my box is supported.

DCX-3400(m) - It’s the MoCA receiver for Anyroom DVR, it should be compatible with MyDVR Manager. Menu options are there in cable box settings.  Regardless the old DVR (DCX-3400) should not still be on the account.  Something thats really funny is I still get recording notices for my old DVR on my satellite box.  After a few bouts with 800 support, they have escalated to Tier 2.

They did discover that the old box was still on my account in a deactive status, so they have removed it.  Good thing this happened or I have a feeling I would have been billed for the old box.

Normally I wouldn’t care too much about the MyDVR Manager service, but this feeds into the iOS and Android apps which we do use.  Since you can’t schedule recordings from the satellite boxes with the Anyroom service the apps are a good workaround for the problem.  I wish they did have the ability to pause/rewind live TV on the satellite boxes, why in the heck they didn’t think about adding 8GB of flash inside as a live TV buffer is beyond me.

I see a ticket was opened for your issue yesterday. I will moderate its process and let you know if I have any updates.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Any resolution to this outstanding issue?  Or is it still open? 

Thank you ..

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation