Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't view any DVR recordings on Xfinity App

New Poster

Can't view any DVR recordings on Xfinity App

I just recently downloaded the new Xfinity TV app and know that I am supposed to be able to watch DVR recordings from there. However, the side menu doesn't even have that option when I open the app. What do I do to get the recordings added to my app?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Can't view any DVR recordings on Xfinity App

You need X1 service and cloud storage. Can you see your recordings on the website?

lesjablo wrote:

I just recently downloaded the new Xfinity TV app and know that I am supposed to be able to watch DVR recordings from there. However, the side menu doesn't even have that option when I open the app. What do I do to get the recordings added to my app?

Official Employee

lesjablo wrote:

Call in and have Cloud DVR rate codes added to your account, presently they are not there. You will only have cloud recording capability from that point forward ( and when terms and conditions are accepted on the X1 DVR), there will be no access in the cloud to previous recordings.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

We have the X1 service (box, cloud storage etc.) but I don't even see an option to view DVR recordings when I open the menu on the app. We had a tech guy replacing our box this morning and he said he unfortunately couldn't help with the app. 

New Poster

I went ahead and called and they said they needed to send me a whole new box? That doesn't seem correct, but it's on its way. 

Official Employee

lesjablo wrote:

I went ahead and called and they said they needed to send me a whole new box? That doesn't seem correct, but it's on its way. 

If you already had an X1 box with a built-in DVR, you shouldn't need a new box.

Please call and ask to have the "Cloud DVR rate codes" added to your account. This takes only moments once you have an agent that knows how to do this. I wish I could do this for you myself but I don't have access.

Then, you should see a "Recordings" menu under "Saved" in the app navigation.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation