Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't stream live TV

Frequent Visitor

Can't stream live TV

Trying to stream TNT to watch the Cavs play but I get this error on both Firefox and IE. This has happened a lot as of late. Is this the error 422 everybody is referrering to?

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.76f74317.1428022698.19176a6

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't stream live TV

Also wanted to watch Cavs on my computer but 'm using Chrome.  Instead of an error code I'm getting a blank screen after it tells me that the program is rated TV-MA (for a basketball game?).  I couldn't get A&E live either.  Guess live streaming must be broken.  I haven't tried the Xfinity app on my Kindle Fire HDX but the Watch TNT app is working so I am at least able to watch (although I was hoping for a bigger screen to watch on).  We only have one tv and my husband is using it to play WOW!

Problem Solver

Re: Can't stream live TV

An Error 422 will clearly say "Error 422".  My best advice is try this, it might not help but it is worth trying.

******************************************************************************************

Please try clearing your browser's cache as described in this link. And post a reply if this helps. It should because Comcast videos load a large amount of cache in your browser when the video starts.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

At the top of this web page you will see the following, just put your pointer on YOUR browser and left click. It lists 17 different browsers and is comprehensive - you only need your browser's info.

***********************************************************************************************

How to Clear Your Browser's Cache
17 Methods: Chrome v10+, Chrome v1 - v9, Safari for iOS - iPhone and iPad, Safari for Mac OS, XSafari for Windows, Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11, Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 7 Firefox 4, Firefox 30+, Firefox 33, Android, Opera, Mozilla SeaMonkey, Konqueror, BlackBerry 6.0

************************************************************************************************

Your internet browser's cache stores certain information (snapshots) of webpages you visit on your computer or mobile device so that they'll load more quickly upon future visits and while navigating through websites that use the same images on multiple pages so that you do not download the same image multiple times. Occasionally, however your cache can prevent you from seeing updated content, or cause functional problems when stored content conflicts with live content. You can fix many browser problems simply by clearing your cache. This article contains instructions with screenshots on how to clear the cache for all major browsers.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation