Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't get HBO GO to work on Kindle Fire

New Poster

Can't get HBO GO to work on Kindle Fire

I just got Xfinity cable and signed up for HBO as well. I decided to try out the HBO GO app on the Kindle Fire. It asks me to log in with my email and password. When I do, it then tells me that I need to have a subscription. I don't understand. I have a subscription. I'm watching HBO on my tv right now. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you solve it please?

New Poster

Re: Can't get HBO GO to work on Kindle Fire

Also, how do I get the xfinity tv app on my kindle fire? I go into the market and it doesn't come up in a search.

Silver Problem Solver

the kindle fire is not supported with the comcast app.  The fire is color ereader not a true tablet, you can only put things on it that are authorized in the amazon market.   

New Poster

Ok. THank you for the reply. Still wondering about HBO GO tho if anyone has an answer for that please. And the Fire may not be a true tablet but it is more than just a colored ereader. Most apps from the market are available on the Fire. This is the first app I have ever looked for that I couldn't find on the Fire.

Silver Problem Solver

when you go to authorize through comcast when you put in the user name and password make sure its the primary account holders credentials, If it is you have to call comcast as they have something wrong on your account.

New Poster

Ok. I'll give that a try. Thank you. I tried putting it on my phone last night as well just to see and was getting the same results. I'll call Comcast and see if they can fix it.

Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

You will also have to create another username for the hbogo website and for your email address you should use your comcast email address.

New Poster

Did you get this resolved? 

I'm having the same issue when I tried to log into HBO Go on all of my devices.

Official Employee

Hi all,

We are actively working on making this available in the Kindle Market soon. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation