Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't extend recording time via iPhone app

New Poster

Can't extend recording time via iPhone app

I have returned to Comcast after two years with DirecTV and must say I am appalled at how terrible the Comcast iPhone app is.  I remember it being bad, but hoped/assumed that they would have made improvements over the last 24 months.  I use the app 95% to schedule programs on the DVR.  My issue is with extending the recording time, as I am usually recording live sports which frequently go OT.  The DTV app allows you to set defaults for this, whether 1 minute or 1.5 hours.  There is no such option on the Comcast app that I can see.  Not only that, there is no way to extend the time when actually setting the recording.  The only way that I see to do it is to set the recording, click More, then Scheduled Recordings.  There is supposed to be a Modify button for each recording where that option lurks.  I have seen it work exactly once.  It isn't working now.  Am I missing something?  Is the app really that bad?  Any help would be appreciated.  I have to say that scrolling the listings does work much better than it did with DTV but this is small consolation.

Official Employee

Re: Can't extend recording time via iPhone app

PDSF, the modify button is there, you can add up to 2 hours to a live sports event (added an hour successfully to kc vs. detroit today).I use an iphone 4.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: Can't extend recording time via iPhone app

I do not have this MODIFY button on my app either. What gives? Different apps? My iPad app is called TV REMOTE.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation