Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't download purchased movies

New Poster

Can't download purchased movies

First off, I have been sitting at my computer for 36 minutes watching the "Loading" symbol just below this statement: Connecting to Chat, your wait time is approximately 6 minutes.

Second, since we are PCSing to Germany and fly out Sunday morning, I returned all of the Xfinity stuff today and the tech informed me that I can easily download the movies we have purchased over the past 3 years. Wonderful! In theory.

I have been sent from one place to another via internet to download these slippery movies, with absolutely no luck. First I needed to upgrade Silverlight....not because mine isn't compatible, but because it "might not be" and I was unable to progress past that point without downloading.

Next, it pops up to tell me that these changes won't take effect until I restart my computer. OK. Fair enough. So I do that. No go. Now I have to download the XFINITY ON DEMAND Player. Well, all right then. I can do that too. 5 times it tells me to download it after I downloaded it. So I junk all the downloads, check for updates, install updates, restart computer. Everything is beautiful, fully updated, absolutely compatible. Fantastic. Let's download those movies, shall we??

No. 

I pull up this brand spanking new XOD Player, freshly installed, and log in. Too easy. I do this several times a month. No big deal. Until now. Apparently my device is not registered. My phone, my tv, my husbands phone, our bedroom tv, my tablet, my husband's tablet, my husband's desktop computer, and even my 2 year old daughter's Nabi is registered. But not my laptop. Conveniently located at the bottom is a pretty blue buttom proclaiming: REGISTER DEVICE.

(Still a 6 minute wait time, 40 minutes after that 6 minutes.)

So, I'm gonna click that blue button, register the last bit of technology NOT registered. Bam. Clicked it. Redirecting me to my destination....and back to the blue button. Again. So I click it again. Back to the blue button. 

The message displayed says this:  

Device Unregistered

The following validated properties were not correctly supplied:

Property=LoginSubscriberRequest.Password, Failure Reason=ValueWasNull,

Failed Constraint=Required property, LoginSubscriberRequest.Password, was 

not provided

{blue button} REGISTER DEVICE

Aside from the obvious issue, I would like to keep the several dozen movies accumulated over my unfortunate duty station here in good old Colorado, I am highly upset that it isn't as easy as I was told. And to add insult to injury, I've been waiting this 6 minutes for 45 minutes. I absolutely understand that I may be missing some piece of extremely vital information, and that's just fine. But I also wouldn't be on the computer at nearly 2100 trying to download movies if I didn't have a bit of a time crunch. I am aware that I have about 30 days after service is discontinued to download my movies. However, I fly out Sunday morning at an ungodly hour, with several bags to check, a carry on, a monster that goes by Sophia and is not yet potty trained, with her carseat and the biggest d*mn stroller ever made to hop on a series of planes to get to Germany. 

I will not have service. I will not have household goods until Army only knows when, and I highly doubt with inprocessing, and keeping a cranky 2 year old from flipping out and screaming for the next few weeks because she can't find her favorite toy, blanket, cup, etc, that I will find even a spare moment to sit at yet another computer, for another 6 (50) minutes waiting to "chat" with an expert. Could you please square me away or tell me to buy the Blu-Ray of whatever movies I just can't live without?

Thanks so much.

Tiffany

Official Employee

Re: Can't download purchased movies

Hi Tiffany, I apologize for the issues you are experiencing when trying to download your movies via PC. This is a known issues when trying to register PCs via Xfinity On Demand Player, and our engineering team is working to get resolved.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Any updates on this problem? I have been trying to download and register the OnDemand Player and I get the same error message. Device not registered, but it won't let me register, or sign in. So, I can't download any of my purchases.

Please let me know if this has been corrected. I tried search the forum, but didn't locate an answer.

Thanks,

Carolyn

Admin1

Hi Carolyn49 -- This is still an ongoing issue and our engineering team is working to resolve. We appreciate your patience with this. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for the update, Zach. I'll keep watching fhe forums for future updates. I find almost all my issues resolved via these forums, and I really appreciate them.

Admin1

You're welcome. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Is there a time frame for the fix to download purchased films on devices other than mobile? I guess I should withhold payment on the purchased titles affected by this...
Frequent Visitor

Anything? Billing supervisor just told me there is nothing wrong with the system and that I can download in HD to a pc and tablet and and watch offline "because she can do it".
What's up? No customer satisfaction in billing, any here?
Is download and offline veiwing still down?
Service Expert

jesusgi22 wrote:
Anything? Billing supervisor just told me there is nothing wrong with the system and that I can download in HD to a pc and tablet and and watch offline "because she can do it".
What's up? No customer satisfaction in billing, any here?
Is download and offline veiwing still down?

I can currently d/l my purchases to my tablets and smartphone.  I still cannot d/l to my laptop/pc's/sserver's.... receive the error messag

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.e on those.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

What error message are you getting?...silverlight compatability with app or vice versa seems to be the problem...
Service Expert

jesusgi22 wrote:
What error message are you getting?...silverlight compatability with app or vice versa seems to be the problem...

Known issue:  Device cannot be Registerd at this time.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Is the app fixed yet for windows platforms?
Service Expert

jesusgi22 wrote:
Is the app fixed yet for windows platforms?

Not yet....  : (

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I tried to open a ticket concerning this...but the top tier tech spoke to the "engineers" who say it works just fine on windows platforms, and tried to get manufacturer information about my devices.
This is my biggest issue...I'm being told it works on windows and then it doesn't work on windows.
Very frustrating for me as a loyal customer.
Frequent Visitor

Holy smokes...the app works flawlesy now on windows (uninstall & reinstall) Online or offline...kudos but don't touch anything!

Still only sd though, no hd download despite checking on several windows HDCP compliant devices.
Problem Solver

Hello jesusgi22,

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our engineers are currently diligently to address this issue. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation