Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't change channels using iPad app any more

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Can't change channels using iPad app any more

I used to be able to switch channels using the iPad app. Now, it says that it is doing it, but the channel never changes.

What I've tried:

uninstalling / reinstalling the iPad app

deleteing and re-authorizing my devices (including my iPad)

Made sure "Remote control" is on for my cable device

Unpligged the power to the cable converter box for an hour or so

Verified that my profile was complete

Nothing works. When I click on "Watch on TV", it says it is switching to the channel, but the channel never changes.

What else can I try? As I say, this used to work, but I haven't tried using it in a couple months.

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't change channels using iPad app any more

try clearing cache and cookies.  Also after you uninstalled the app did you restart the ipad?  Also try a hard reset, holding down the home button and power off.   I know there are issues with the new app that came out last week it use to work great now has many issues, this might be one of them.  you might have to pick up the remote again until comcast fixes it.

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

There seems to be a couple of customers that are having the same issue.

You might want to read the following thread and follow the steps to get it fixed.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/Xfinity-TV-app-for-Ipad-2-won-t-change-channels/m...

Frequent Visitor

I did all those things (see the first email for the list of things I've tried). Also, this is not the problem I am having - the iPad app is not telling me I have no eligible channels, it just doesn't do what it is saying it is doing ...

Silver Problem Solver

try clearing cache and cookies.  Also after you uninstalled the app did you restart the ipad?  Also try a hard reset, holding down the home button and power off.   I know there are issues with the new app that came out last week it use to work great now has many issues, this might be one of them.  you might have to pick up the remote again until comcast fixes it.

Frequent Visitor

"try clearing cache and cookies."

How do you clear cache and cookies from the app? I am not using a web browser on the iPad. I don't see any setting in the app to clear cache.

I did restart the iPad. I powered down completely (a hard reset).

Frequent Visitor

I did clear the Safari cache and cookies, and lo and behold! the app started working ... who knew that the app depended on Safari ? :-)

Thanks. I am now changing channels like before ...

Silver Problem Solver

the app is a web based application and a corrupt cookie or overloaded cache can interfer with its operation. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation