Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't access MyDVR

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Can't access MyDVR

I spent half an hour yesterday and an hour and a half today trying to get MyDVR to work (I'm getting the old "DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household" error message). The rep yesterday assured me "100%" that it would be working within 24 hours. And of course -- surpise, surprise -- it did not. So I fired up Comcast CS chat once again and proceeded to be handed off to seven different reps who all assured me with the same canned responses that everything was cool, and I'd have MyDVR up and working in no time. The second to last rep finally gave up and offered to have my DVR replaced. I acquiesed and was connected to the seventh and final rep, who explained that I'd need a service appointment to set up the new device and that I'd be charged a one-time fee of $39.99. That's when I hit the roof and outright refused to pay Comcast another nickel for something that they'd blown in the first place. The rep calmly replied that I should call the 800 number and try to get that fee waived. Anyway, that's my tale of woe. I don't expect this issue to resolve itself, and I don't expect Comcast to do anything about it without me spending at least an hour on the phone. Looks like I'll be punting on this for a while. Thanks, Comcast!

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't access MyDVR

RESOLVED! 

Don't know if the first synchronization worked, or if something did some work behind the scenes, but now it's working. Thank you!

View answer in context
Tags (3)
Regular Visitor

RESOLVED! 

Don't know if the first synchronization worked, or if something did some work behind the scenes, but now it's working. Thank you!

Official Employee

I got distracted by another issue. Yeah, we have a known issue that we're in the process of fixing. I cleaned up some extraneous data in your site preferences to get around it.

Sorry for notifying you in a timely manner,

- Dan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks for your help, Dan!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation