Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can not watch ESPN, ESPN2 on XfinityTV or use WatchESPN app

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Can not watch ESPN, ESPN2 on XfinityTV or use WatchESPN app

I was able to use the WatchESPN app and also stream ESPN and ESPN2 online at Xfinitytv.net yesterday.  Today, I get the message "ESPN subscription required" when I try to watch ESPN on Xfinitytv.net and the WatchESPN app says "Unable to play video. Access to this content requires a television subscription" when trying to watch ESPN or ESPN2.

I can watch ESPN3 on the WatchESPN app, but if I try to stream ESPN3 on Xfinitytv.net website, I get  a "Error code:403".  I've never had this much trouble trying to watch a show online.

I have a Digital Starter package and I've been a subscriber for over 10 years.   I've tried from both my home connection (XfinityInternet) and at work on my corporate internet connection.

Anyone else having this issue?

Accepted Solution

Re: Can not watch ESPN, ESPN2 on XfinityTV or use WatchESPN app

No real explanation, but streaming of ESPN and ESPN2 is back working now a day later.  No changes that I know of were made to my account.  If there's going to be a poor connection from XfinityTV to the subscription information - then there needs to be better error messaging on the website and in the app.

View answer in context
New Poster

i keep calling xfinity . they dont have any answers.  will probably cancel service.

Frequent Visitor

No real explanation, but streaming of ESPN and ESPN2 is back working now a day later.  No changes that I know of were made to my account.  If there's going to be a poor connection from XfinityTV to the subscription information - then there needs to be better error messaging on the website and in the app.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation