Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can not play xfinity on demand on-line, on my pc

Regular Visitor

Can not play xfinity on demand on-line, on my pc

I keep getting "Xfinity Video Player Upgrade" when I try and play a video/movie/TV show on-line from

the xfinity site.

See message below;

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

I have installed;

Windows 7 64 bit, with 8 gig of ram.

IE 9 (64 bit and 32 bit),

Crome Version 23.0.1271.97 m

Safair 5.17

The latest version of Flash player as well as silverlight.

I have tried multiple movies/TV shows on each browser and all give me the upgrade message.

For example this link below:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/A-Very-Harold-%26-Kumar-Christmas/5974474729719079112/2271523358/...

Below is my device info:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 30075 My Cable Provider: Comcast North Cobb Broadband Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: LR DVR My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.98.26.249 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; Tablet PC 2.0; .NET4.0C; BOIE9;ENUS) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2406 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Wed Jan 9 16:42:26 EST 2013 Server Clock Time: Wed Jan 9 16:42:25 EST 2013

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, g, ak, aw, ar, cg, cq, da, cu, au, bv, b, cz, u, cr, br, cx, bt, cm, h, ad, bw, d, al, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, cp, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, e, aj, cv, bz, bm, co, bl, bk, bp, cw, bo, j, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Can not play xfinity on demand on-line, on my pc

hbr4270 wrote:

I keep getting "Xfinity Video Player Upgrade" when I try and play a video/movie/TV show on-line from

the xfinity site.

See message below;

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4

Make sure that you are allowing plug-ins for xfinitytv.com.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Joe,

Where would that be? Rememner I have tried 4 different browers (I forgot to add Modzilla).

I am able to use HBO to Go, as well as Max to Go and Showtime on-line. All on the same pc that I can not access xfinity on-line.

Howard

Silver Problem Solver

xfinity site runs a modified version of silverlight, you have tons of things work but not xfinity.   make sure you are running a 32 bit browswer to try it.   see below about plugins.  

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=ie7&q=hwo+do+you+allow+plugins&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Addr...

You can also try this.  go here and download this ccleaner.  This program will get rid of old links and dll files and registry entries.  when you try to install and unistall and restart the programs leave behind a lot of garbage.  run this cleaner and then run the registry scanner.   After than restart and see if you can play videos.  Its weird how some people can'[t get this to work and others have no issues.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation