Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can no longer access Xfinity/Hulu when traveling - error 560

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Can no longer access Xfinity/Hulu when traveling - error 560

I used to be able to watch House episodes on my laptop when at my mountain cabin and not connected to my home Comcast cable. For a while now, I always get error 560 when I try to watch any "free" TV series. I can find no explanation for this.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Re: Can no longer access Xfinity/Hulu when traveling - error 560

RandySea wrote:

I used to be able to watch House episodes on my laptop when at my mountain cabin and not connected to my home Comcast cable. For a while now, I always get error 560 when I try to watch any "free" TV series. I can find no explanation for this.

Any suggestions?

Try uninstalling Adobe Flash Player and then try reinstalling from here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Now try playing a video and see if it works.

Let me know the result.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

RandySea wrote:

Any suggestions?

Try uninstalling Adobe Flash Player and then try reinstalling from here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Now try playing a video and see if it works.

Let me know the result.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Success, if odd. I did a full Revo uninstall of Flash. I also dowloaded Adobe's Flash uninstaller, but I think Revo may just use it and more. Then I installed the latest version of Flash. I think I had 10.x, now I have 11.x.

I logged on to Xfinity and tried to view House. I first got the same old 560 error. This time when I hit "refresh", House loaded and played normally.

Thanks!

Official Employee

RandySea,

Glad to hear! Let me know if the error message or any other issues reappear.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

The problem has returned. The only differences are that (1) there is a message that the video can't be played but no "error 560." Refreshing the page doesn't help. Nor does switching from Firefox to Internet Explorer.

If I try to start up a House episode I hadn't finished the last time it worked, I get a message asking if I want to resume, but then it doesn't.

And (2), I'm coming from a service provider in France rather than the US. In the past, I've had no problem viewing videos using this provider.

Official Employee

RandySea wrote:

The problem has returned. The only differences are that (1) there is a message that the video can't be played but no "error 560." Refreshing the page doesn't help. Nor does switching from Firefox to Internet Explorer.

If I try to start up a House episode I hadn't finished the last time it worked, I get a message asking if I want to resume, but then it doesn't.

And (2), I'm coming from a service provider in France rather than the US. In the past, I've had no problem viewing videos using this provider.

Unfortunately, we do not have the rights to stream content internationally. If you are physically located outside of the United States, you will be unable to watch videos on our site. 

Sorry,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I guess that clarifies it. Thanks for the quick response.

Regular Visitor

The error code comes up on a netbook that I do travel with, but my desk top will not bring up free Tv shows,and does not show an error code. I am now going to follow your instructions,and will let you know.

New Poster

I watch the TV shows on my computer at work.  For the last month or so I have been unable to get any of the show except Perry Mason.  I start on and it gives me a question to restart or start from the beginning.  when i choose either I get and error 560 message and it won't play.  Nothing has changed on our computers at work, I know because I make the changes, but I don't have the time to try to fix it there.  So I tried it at home and same message happens.  I am on my wireless router at home.  I tried installing the Adobe Flasher you suggested at home and it still didn't work.  What is the problem?

Official Employee

lane7079 wrote:

I watch the TV shows on my computer at work.  For the last month or so I have been unable to get any of the show except Perry Mason.  I start on and it gives me a question to restart or start from the beginning.  when i choose either I get and error 560 message and it won't play.  Nothing has changed on our computers at work, I know because I make the changes, but I don't have the time to try to fix it there.  So I tried it at home and same message happens.  I am on my wireless router at home.  I tried installing the Adobe Flasher you suggested at home and it still didn't work.  What is the problem?

Try completely un-installing Flash then try watching a video that is not working again. Follow the on-screen steps and see if it works.

Simply re-installing Flash does not always get rid of all the old files which can be corrupting the player and giving you these issues.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Joe: I did as advised,and now have that function working normal.

Tom B.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation