Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can I cast a show (Star Trek Discovery) from CBS All Access app on phone to xfinity TV

New Poster

Can I cast a show (Star Trek Discovery) from CBS All Access app on phone to xfinity TV

I get that the new CBS Star Trek show is delivered through the new CBS All Access service, and that I need to purchase that from them separately. My question is: is there a way to cast the show on my phone to my TV through the xfinity "Easy Pair" function? Or any other function? The CBS app has a "cast" function, but it doesn't seem to connect to either my TV by itself or through the xfinity set-top box. It appears to want some 4-digit PIN, supposedly displayed my nearby TV, in order to cast. Is this just funkiness on the CBS app's part? Is there a smoother path to cast from phone to TV? Evidently the CBS app can cast to a Chromecast device; are there plans to allow similar casting to an xfinity set-top device?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can I cast a show (Star Trek Discovery) from CBS All Access app on phone to xfinity TV

Are you able to cast from other apps? Some apps may restrict where they can cast to. Some phones may also restrict what devices they will cast to. I have a Moto G5+, which runs a relatively stock Android, and it will not cast to my Roku or a BD player.

New Poster

Re: Can I cast a show (Star Trek Discovery) from CBS All Access app on phone to xfinity TV

I got the x1 Photos app on my phone, and was able to set up the "Easy Pair" function that way to display photos from my phone on my TV. But it looks like the CBS app works differently.

According to CBS's site, CBS All Access is available on Apple TV, Android, Google Chromecast, Fire TV, ipad, iphone, PS4, Roku, Window 10 and xBox. Alas, I only have a Ps3. Curse them!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation