Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

CableCARD Validation showing None in HDHomeRun PRIME

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

CableCARD Validation showing None in HDHomeRun PRIME

I got an HDHomeRun Prime and so far have been unable to get it working with the Xfinity CableCard I picked up 2 days ago. I am able to authenticate the card, but card validation remains at "none". A technician was sent to the house this afternoon because the signal was deemed "really bad" and he installed an amplifier/removed a filter that was on my line. The signal has improved, but still no card validation. Seems to be a common issue. Can someone here help me?

CableCARD Status
Card Manufacturer Motorola
Card Authentication success
Card Validation none
3DES encryption supported

OOB Frequency 75.250 MHz
OOB Lock 2.048 Mbps
Signal Strength 87% (-8.0 dBmV)
Signal Quality 100% (37.9 d

Channel List none
Accepted Solution

Re: CableCARD Validation showing None in HDHomeRun PRIME

Good news, a tech came out to the house and we got everything working. He was not at all familiar with the HDHomeRun line of hardware but he called in to one guy who then stayed on the phone with us while he sent in a request to a Tier 3 guy. I have no idea what the Tier 3 guy did because he was only in communication with the guy on the phone, but all of a sudden the card validated and I was able to scan for channels. After that, for whatever reason, it took about 5-10 minutes before I was able to start viewing the live stream, but the important thing is it is working now. Seems like the Tier 3 guys are necessary to get things working. Thanks for your help!

View answer in context
New Poster

I have this exact issue and have found that it is an issue with the headend since VCT is 0 (supposed to be anything greater than 0). VCTID is good which is supposed to be anything other than 0. 

rPvLOiW

It seems hit or miss with being able to get in touch with the right employee to get the job done. I would also like some help to solve my issue. 

e4z9SXi

Other threads like this: 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/HDHomeRun-Prime-not-receiving-channel-list/td-p/2591365

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/Cablecard-circular-quot-support-quot/td-p/1134221

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/No-Channel-Line-up-for-CableCard-with-HDHomeRun-Prime/td...

Frequent Visitor

My VCTID says 4, but it's still not validating.

New Poster

Right, but your VCT is 0, correct? That is the problem. From what I have read, the 2 digit code that has to be set on the headend is incorrect for our card/box combo and needs to be changed. 

Frequent Visitor

Yes, mine says VCT 0 also. So it's fixable then?

New Poster

Yes it is. I was on the phone for 2.5hrs the other day and talked to 8 different people who were all clueless and just wanted to try repairing it and then tell me to get a new cablecard. I have a tech coming tomorrow since that seems to be one of the most common solutions to this problem. I'll let you know how that goes so you could possibly request one as well.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I have spoken with a few different people on the phone too. At first the issue was thought to be that my house is getting a weak signal, so they sent a technician out to install a signal amplifier. The signal did improve, but the CableCard still didn't validate. The last guy I talked to was a "Tier 2" tech and seemed to be a little more knowledgeable. He said that there still seems to be some problem with the signal, though. Not the signal strength, but maybe some kind of interference or something, so he is sending another tech. Hopefully I'll get something figured out this week but let's keep each other updated. I was hoping one of the comcast guys on this forum would help but maybe they don't work weekends.

New Poster

Tech showed up at around 9am and has just now left at 11am. We got it working.

To sum it up:
The validation showing none was solved by him calling his tier 2 and having it added to the account properly. 

The VCT was still showing 0 so he had to get transfered to the headend department. The guy on the phone kept saying the device isn't supported and that he will continue to try to help but in the end he got it solved by changing the headend that the card was connecting to then changing it back to the proper one which forced the card to rebuild and ask for the correct information for the device it is hooked into. 

Admin1

Hi RonaldRayguns -- I can help with your cablecard issue. I received your PM with this same request. I have responded back asking for cablecard and TiVo information. Please provide that and I'll help get it working. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Good news, a tech came out to the house and we got everything working. He was not at all familiar with the HDHomeRun line of hardware but he called in to one guy who then stayed on the phone with us while he sent in a request to a Tier 3 guy. I have no idea what the Tier 3 guy did because he was only in communication with the guy on the phone, but all of a sudden the card validated and I was able to scan for channels. After that, for whatever reason, it took about 5-10 minutes before I was able to start viewing the live stream, but the important thing is it is working now. Seems like the Tier 3 guys are necessary to get things working. Thanks for your help!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation