Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

CTMid: DVR manager not working

New Poster

CTMid: DVR manager not working

Mine is not working, so I do not think it has been resolved.

Check out the page that lists compatable boxes. In 'search' enter "Eligible cable boxes and the XFINITY TV app" .   Good luck.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: CTMid: DVR manager not working

CTMid wrote:

Mine is not working, so I do not think it has been resolved.

Check out the page that lists compatable boxes. In 'search' enter "Eligible cable boxes and the XFINITY TV app" .   Good luck.

What error message are you getting when trying to set up your DVR Manager at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

My DVR Manager is not working.  I am using two Cisco RNG200N DVRs that are listed as "compatible" with the DVR Manager.  However, it is not compatible and the DVR Manager states that it does not recognize any DVRs that are compatible at my location.

1) My DVRs are compatible

2) All DVRs are working normally

3) Inernet is working normally

4) The boxes have been reenactivated, reinhibited, and turned on and off  by Comcast support

5) HD and DVR service has been checked and working normally

6) DVR Manager continues to state that it cannot find a compatible DVR in my household

7) This was checked on an Apple operating system as well as two separate Windows operating systems and all 3 come back with incompatibility (proving that is not an internet or computer-specific problem).

8) The IT department couldn't help.  The customer service personnel in India couldn't help (I couldn't understand what they were saying anyway).  Both online TV and XFinity TV were contacted. 

No one at Comcast can figure out what's wrong after approximately 2 hours with them on the phone and 6 forwards to other personnel in other departments.  Bottom line:  No one at Comcast has provided a solution.  At this point, I am paying for a service that I am not receiving.  Is there any help out there or is anyone familiar with the DVR and DVR Manager functionality? 

Official Employee

asnowden wrote:

My DVR Manager is not working.  I am using two Cisco RNG200N DVRs that are listed as "compatible" with the DVR Manager.  However, it is not compatible and the DVR Manager states that it does not recognize any DVRs that are compatible at my location.

1) My DVRs are compatible

2) All DVRs are working normally

3) Inernet is working normally

4) The boxes have been reenactivated, reinhibited, and turned on and off  by Comcast support

5) HD and DVR service has been checked and working normally

6) DVR Manager continues to state that it cannot find a compatible DVR in my household

7) This was checked on an Apple operating system as well as two separate Windows operating systems and all 3 come back with incompatibility (proving that is not an internet or computer-specific problem).

8) The IT department couldn't help.  The customer service personnel in India couldn't help (I couldn't understand what they were saying anyway).  Both online TV and XFinity TV were contacted. 

No one at Comcast can figure out what's wrong after approximately 2 hours with them on the phone and 6 forwards to other personnel in other departments.  Bottom line:  No one at Comcast has provided a solution.  At this point, I am paying for a service that I am not receiving.  Is there any help out there or is anyone familiar with the DVR and DVR Manager functionality? 

Our team is further looking into this. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation