Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

CBS News Sunday Morning not staying as "scheduled recording"

Frequent Visitor

CBS News Sunday Morning not staying as "scheduled recording"

I had this problem earlier this year and reported it then, getting no reply with a reason or solution.  But the problem went away after a month or so, so I let it go.  But it started up again many months ago (I actually don't remember how many at this point), so I thought I'd submit it again.

I have a non-X1 DVR, MOTO MOR200BN, according to the listing for my account on the Comcast web site. I want to record "CBS News Sunday Morning" each Sunday morning from 9:00 until 10:30.  So, I wait for it to show up in the Program Guide and set it to record. It often shows up for at least two Sundays in the Program Guide, so I schedule it to record for each of those weeks.  I check my scheduled recordings multiple times each day to make sure everything is there. The "Sunday Morning" recording stays listed usually until the day before. Then it disappears from the scheduled recordings sometime on Saturday. When I check the Program Guide for it, to try to schedule it again, that time slot shows as just "To be announced," which of course, doesn't allow me to schedule it. This goes on for most of the day (that is, the DAY BEFORE it's on). It eventually shows up on the Program Guide, sometimes earlier on Saturday and sometimes later.  This past weekend (12/16/17 and 12/17/17) was a classic example. It was in the list of scheduled recordings for most of Saturday. When I checked at 9:15 p.m., it was still scheduled but it didn't have episode-specific information (like which stories are covered), just the generic description.  BUT it was still scheduled.  When I checked again at 9:55 p.m--just 40 minutes later--it was gone. The Program Guide had "To be announced" in the time slot. I kept checking until after 11:00 p.m., but it stayed the same.  I actually got up overnight a couple times to check the Program Guide: at 3:10 a.m., Sunday, it was still the same.  At 6:15 a.m., it was back in the Program Guide, with episode-specific information, and I was able to set it to record. Just before it was scheduled to start at 9:00, I made sure I was near the TV to make sure it started to record. This is because sometimes in the past, after all of the same things have happened, it still didn't record. This time it did record successfully. I've had this experience EVERY WEEK since sometime very early this year, when it actually worked correctly for a few weeks.  It happens when the original scheduled recording has episode-specific info AND when it hasn't. I thought maybe it gets cancelled for some reason when the generic info gets changed to the specific info and the Program Guide is updated...but apparently that isn't the reason. When I first had this problem earlier in the year, Jane Pauley (the host of the show) said that they understood that some viewers hadn't been able to record the program and that they were working on it. A week or two later, she announced that it had to do with a code, or something like that, that had been changed but that the problem had been fixed. And that's when it started working for awhile. I've tried setting it as a series recording, but the same thing happened.  So I went back to setting each recording individually.  And this still happens even after I've power-cycled the DVR (of course, when I do that, it takes FOREVER--many days, in fact--for the Program Guide to reload with anything other than "To be announced" listed for everything). It would be REALLY nice if Comcast would work with CBS to see what the problem is and get it fixed for good. This is the only program I've consistently had this problem with. It seems pretty stupid, and is VERY IRRITATING, to have to keep checking the listings many times on a Saturday to see if a recording scheduled for the next morning stays scheduled. And then when it doesn't, I have to make sure I'm in front of the TV a couple minutes before the program starts to make sure the rescheduled recording actually happens.  It kind of defeats the whole purpose of being able to record "anything at anytime without being there," doesn't it?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation