Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

CBS Malfunction

Frequent Visitor

CBS Malfunction

First, let me say that the live in-home streaming to both XTV and on the Mobile Apps was awful for most of today. 

That said, everything seems to be back to normal, except for the reoccuring problem with CBS HD (WUSA HD).  It brings up a black screen on XTV and shows picture but has no sound on mobile devices (tried three different ones).  SD works fine. 

I can't help but notice this has happened during the Final Four and during Masters week, so maybe it's a bandwidth issue?  My understanding is that the stream is separate from the X1 box, but if there's anything I can do on my end, please let me know.  Otherwise, please get the stream restored.  Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Re: CBS Malfunction

FWIW, for anyone who's having similar trouble.

I received a call this evening from a (very nice) Tier 2 customer service rep in response to a ticket on this issue I had placed a week ago (so much for 24-72 hours).  She said the engineers have told them they're  having signal issues on a variety of channels on XTV and the X1 mobile app in-home streaming (not quite sure why XTV won't present picture and sound while the mobile app only doesn't present sound if it's a base signal problem, but whatever).  She said they'd give me a call when it's fixed, but no ETC.  Their suggested workaround is to use the TVGO website and app, which is great except that's 30ish channels and not 700ish channels and obviously doesn't include any broadcast channels.  If I could use TVGO for that I wouldn't be trying to stream CBS using XTV/X1 app.  Also now having problems with FOX.  Meanwhile, there's a commercial every 5 minutes on TV advertising how you can use any device to stream any channel in your home....um, not quite. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation