Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

CATV listings show Standard, not Daylight Saving, times

New Poster

CATV listings show Standard, not Daylight Saving, times

Hi, there!  I'm a Seattle-area digital cable TV subscriber, here.  Since Sunday morning, all Xfinity digital TV listings and program information should have been changed to display showtimes in Pacific Daylight Time.  Instead, all my listings are displayed in Pacific Standard Time.  Can Xfinity or Comcast switch all hours over to PDT? Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: CATV listings show Standard, not Daylight Saving, times

ZeroHour78 wrote:

Hi, there!  I'm a Seattle-area digital cable TV subscriber, here.  Since Sunday morning, all Xfinity digital TV listings and program information should have been changed to display showtimes in Pacific Daylight Time.  Instead, all my listings are displayed in Pacific Standard Time.  Can Xfinity or Comcast switch all hours over to PDT? Thanks in advance.

Are you referring to your online TV Listings or the TV Listings on your TV?

If online, click on your zip code (may say Auto) on top of the grid and re-enter it. Right next to the zip code, there is a dropdown list of Time Zones. Re-select your timezone from the dropdown menu and then click the "Submit" button. This refresh should correct your TV Listings.

If you are referring to your TV, I will move your post to our Xfinity TV thread and they will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I referred to this in another thread.

My timezone has always been set to Eastern. Since DST came into effect, the on-line listings have been 1 hour off.  1 hour fast. It did the same thing the last time change in the Fall. 1 hour SLOW. At the time, I mentioned that on this forum.

If I click on the left arrow to go back 1 page, the times are OK, but the listings are wrong. And they are not what is presently showing.

Ever since Ccast/Xfin gave us the bell when the channel is changed, (3 months ago?) I have had problems. Especially with cookies not being persistant. Every different area of the Comcast website I go to, I have to sign in. Rediculous. Cookies are not being carried over in the website programming. This is using 3 browsers.

Maybe the programmers can look at it.

Why not create a master cookie for the entire website, and give it 1-2 weeks persistance. Let each section of the website look for that cookie. Can't be that hard to do.

Contributor

Looks like another problem swept under the rug, never to be seen again.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation