Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Black Screen

Regular Visitor

Black Screen

Had X1 installed couple weeks ago.  One week later screen goes black for second then comes back on and repeats several times then stops.  Starts up few hours later or day later.  Agent out the other day and replaced box.  First day no problem but today started doing it again.  Any fixes or suggestions?

Service Expert

Re: Black Screen

Tallguy719 wrote:

Had X1 installed couple weeks ago.  One week later screen goes black for second then comes back on and repeats several times then stops.  Starts up few hours later or day later.  Agent out the other day and replaced box.  First day no problem but today started doing it again.  Any fixes or suggestions?

If no error code showing then the problem may be in your TV or the Video connector cable. If you have other set top boxes in the home swap them with the one having a problem and see if the problem moves with the box or stays at the same location.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Black Screen

No other boxes and since they did change out box saturday and its still doing maybe cable as suggested. Before X1 no problems with tv on other type comcast box. Thanks
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation