Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Billing Codes and outlet possibly not set correctly (no VOD, missing 2 of 4 tuners on Tivo Bolt)

Frequent Visitor

Billing Codes and outlet possibly not set correctly (no VOD, missing 2 of 4 tuners on Tivo Bolt)

On my Tivo Premiere, it started 2 months ago with no VOD. Then, I purchase a Tivo Bolt and pick up a new cable card only to still not have VOD, and 2 of the 4 tuners are not getting signal.

Three trucks have been sent to my house... Cards have been paired and re-paired... Signal has been tweaked... UDB refresh... All to no avail. 
I have been assured on more than one occasion that my billing codes are set correctly (it was the first thing I asked about when I initially contacted tech support about this issue.) I am starting to doubt this since both of my cable cards are showing up in My Account (both on website and iOS app) as "set top boxes" instead of Tivo units. I'm also not positive that my new Bolt has been set as the primary unit. An old digital adapter keeps showing up first in line (even thought the digital adapter hasn't been used in quite some time.)
Why is it so hard to talk to someone who knows what is going on with cablecards and how to code them correctly? I have spent every single day this week trying to resolve this issue. My service had been working rock-solid for the past few years... YEARS! Why did ANYTHING get changed on my account that would cause codes to be altered? Can someone please get the correct codes added back to my account? Please?

Service Expert

Re: Billing Codes and outlet possibly not set correctly (no VOD, missing 2 of 4 tuners on Tivo Bolt)

graphixtogo,

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Billing Codes and outlet possibly not set correctly (no VOD, missing 2 of 4 tuners on Tivo Bolt)

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you, ComcastShane, for contacting me. My info has been PM'd to you. Looking forward to hearing back!

Also, thanks geek46 for escalating my issue!

Official Employee

Thank you Billy for providing this information, we have a great team here that knows a lot about cable cards, so you're in the right place. Can I also get you to provide the following? 

Card serial number

Unit address

host ID and Data ID for both Tivos.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Info for both tivo devices sent via PM

Frequent Visitor

Checking back to see if anything has been discovered on my billing codes.

Also, an update on what happened this weekend. Nothing really changed except for a short time around 2am CST Sunday morning. I flipped through the tuners and I actually had all 4 tuners working! Plus, I actually got VOD to pull up a tv show! Only one though. Once I backed out of VOD, I started getting the GSM-11 errors again and by Sunday afternoon, only 2 of the 4 tuners were working again. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation