Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

BBC America Orphan Black Videos

New Poster

BBC America Orphan Black Videos

Hello, 

I am having an issue playing the Orphan Black videos from start to finish.  The videos play perfectly fine until the first commercial break.  At that point, the screen goes black and gives me this message "Your video will resume shortly."  Unfortunately, the video never resumes.

I am only having this issue with this show and none of the others.  Please help.

Thanks!

New Poster

Re: BBC America Orphan Black Videos

I'm having the exact same problem, and have been for the past few days despite trying a variety of strategies to get around this. Hopefully someone fixes this soon!

Regular Contributor

No you are not the only one, there have been at least a dozen other people here complaining about this problem specifically with Orphan Black and a number of others about BBC America in general; see these threads:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/BBC-America-shows-will-not-play/m-p/2172854#M33235

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Error-Code-4107-when-streaming-Orphan-Black/td-p/2167...

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Can-t-watch-videos-online/td-p/2164134

Your best shot at getting this fixed is to private message the details of your problem to one of the Comcast support people who post here sometimes; you'll see their names in red i.e. ComcastJoe, ComcastDaniel, ComcastAndy etc. make sure to mention what browsers you have tried; what version of Flash you are using; what shows you are having problems with; you can never provide enough details as every detail can be a clue to your problem.

- Norm

New Poster

No, you are not alone. Comcast has serious connectivty issues with networks like FX, BBCAmerica, HBO and most recently, Comedy Central!! I reported this problem weeks ago...finally, I sent a msg through twitter .....that seems to get a quicker response. 

New Poster

Any updates on this problem?  Why can't Comcast fix this?  It is very annoying!

Regular Contributor

Someone in another thread said they private messaged two of the comcast support people and they hadn't received a reply after two days but that's the latest I've heard. I suggest you private message them yourself and post back to let everyone know how you made out. When you private message them it would be a good idea to include a link to this thread which I posted links to other threads with people having that same issue.

- Norm

New Poster

My problem is that when I try to watch Orphan Black, the playback stops after playing a commercial.  I just filed a complaint with the California Attorney General's office.  Since Comcast has been non-responsive to fixing this problem for years, I would suggest you do the same with your state's attorney general.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation