Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

App not showing all available channels

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

App not showing all available channels

Been using the TV Remote app fairly successfully for many months but recently it has quit showing all the channels it should. For example, it shows from 1 thru 16 then jumps to 80, then to 106. In the 800 HD range, it leaves out 807 and 816 and others. Have deleted it from my iPhone and reinstalled it and got the latest update - still no luck.  the settings show this as version number:  1.14.0 (102adaa)     VERY aggravating -

Accepted Solution

Re: App not showing all available channels

ok in the xfinity remote app (they changed the name)   go into the app then go to the bottom right corner you see a more button, press that then press settings,  then press channel line up.  In there you see where to put your zip code.  Make sure the comcast recommended is not selected.  Put in your zip to get your channel line up.

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

make sure your zip code is set correctly in the app and not the comcast recommended one.  What exactly are you trying to do here?

Regular Visitor

I don't see where you would enter a zipcode for the sake of this app. (that's a useful tip for the zap2it.com channel guide on the web. I did that there and it helped when on that page.) The only items in the settings for the mobile app are the choice to 'clear application data' - which I've tried - it only prompts me to relogin the next time the app is launched. Also, 'stay logged in' which I do.

When the app works correctly, its very useful to me. I'm only paying for one full-blown HD digital box, in the living room. In my bedroom and home office I use smaller TVs with the free digital converter box. Neither of those provides a channel guide, which the mobile TV remote app is perfect for. And since I can't get HD channels on either of those, I mainly want to know what is on the SD channels - and that's where I'm losing most of the listings. I also really like the ability to remotely set the DVR function to record - if I'm watching in the bedroom and learn of some upcoming program I'd like to see, I can find it in the program grid and set it to record - if I can find the channel in the listings. (I realize I could check the HD listings and hope the SD version is the same, but that's not always the case for non-big-network channels - and I'm missing some of the HD listings.)

The really aggravating thing is that this is a new problem, only happening in the last 4-6 weeks. My iPhone is new as of November, but I was using the app on an iPod Touch for a long time before that - same listing problems on both devices. If fact, the iPod is now the primary bedroom device. The App store alerted me to an update for the Xfinity app a coule of weeks ago - I downloaded it but the missing listing problem is still there on both devices. 

I can't believe I'm the only person seeing this behavior. I'm hoping that posting here will alert the mobile app team to the problem and an update can be released soon. I truly DREAD having to deal with Comcast on the phone. Any help here is hugely appreciated.

Silver Problem Solver

ok in the xfinity remote app (they changed the name)   go into the app then go to the bottom right corner you see a more button, press that then press settings,  then press channel line up.  In there you see where to put your zip code.  Make sure the comcast recommended is not selected.  Put in your zip to get your channel line up.

Regular Visitor

That's it - thanks so much! You may be a "Bronze" problem solver, but you deserve a Gold star for that. I especially appreciate the promptness of both of your replies. Hard as it is to say, but my estimation of Comcast/Xfinity has just gone up a notch.

The weird thing about the situation is that it seemed to crop up suddenly. I had been using the app since soon after it was released with no problem - and I don't recall ever going into that in-app settings screen to input my zipcode. I suspect one of the recent updates caused the local app to lose track of my specific channel list.

Whatever happened, I appreciate the timely assistance.

Silver Problem Solver

well thanks, but you know this is a user to user forum, I am just a customer like you.  Please mark this thread as solved so others won't post to it.  Glad I was able to help.

Connection Expert

rog286713 wrote:

Please mark this thread as solved so others won't post to it.  Glad I was able to help.

Just curious but how exactly does that "stop" anyone else from posting to it ?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

a normal person who sees a thread marked as solved should not post to it as one would think that if its solved no one else is going to read it unless they had the same problem and the solution worked for them.   why would someone post an unrelated question to a solved thread???    That was my thinking anyway.

Connection Expert

What's a "normal person" ??? LOLLLL !!! I have to lock several so called "solved threads" that someone else always posts to every single day.....

You wrote;

"why would someone post an unrelated question to a solved thread???"

Surely you jest on that one !! 

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Connection Expert

O/k so now I will close yet another solved thread here. You have your prompted for solution credited to your profile.... Smiley Wink

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation