Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

App and web won't show actual recordings

New Poster

App and web won't show actual recordings

When I open the app or view my recordings online, it is showing recordings from January that I have already deleted. It won't allow me to delete them again and is showing as my memory full. Plus it will only have a few minutes of a show while the full recording is in the actual DVR.
Official Employee

Re: App and web won't show actual recordings

Hawksfan86 wrote:
When I open the app or view my recordings online, it is showing recordings from January that I have already deleted. It won't allow me to delete them again and is showing as my memory full. Plus it will only have a few minutes of a show while the full recording is in the actual DVR.

Sorry you're having trouble. I did a "refresh" on your account which may help resolve this. You can do the same from your X1 set-top box by going to Settings: Device Settings: Sync DVR. 

I show your Cloud DVR as slightly over 50% full.  Cloud DVR holds 60 hours of recordings while your physical DVR holds over 100 (depending on HD/SD, and etc since the physical DVR isn't limited in hours but Gigabytes). 

Partial recordings can sometimes occur if the recording fails (typically in certain markets such as Detroit, Chicago, and Twin Cities and during peak recording times when capacity is reached). Again, sorry if this happens - there isn't anything you can do to overcome it except try to record again (they Cloud DVR recordings are separate from the physical DVR recordings so there's no way to "recover" them from your physical DVR if they didn't get recorded properly in the first place).

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: App and web won't show actual recordings

The same thing is happening to me. Can you refresh my account too, mark?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation