Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Anyplay Device

New Poster

Anyplay Device

I am very frustrated and dissappointed. I have seen Comcast's advertising on "Anyplay" and am interested in installing it in my home. I went online and downloaded the app only to find out I also needed a device. I called the 800 number to get the device and they had no idea of what I was talking about. After about 10 minutes on hold, the rep came back and said I could pick up the device at my local service center.

I went to the service center and waited in line about 20 minutes. The rep there had no idea what Anyplay was. I told her to go online to the Comcast website and tyoe in a-n-y-p-l-a-y. There it was, but she didn't know what to  do next and went to get her boss Bryan.

Bryan said sure, we have Anyplay. Just download the app. I said it needs a device. No, he said as he pulled out his smart phone. "See, here, I have the app on my phone." Have you ever used it? I said. No.

Look at the web site, I said. Oh, he said. I've never seen this. We don't have these here. So what should I do? Ryan said call the 800 number and schedule an appointment. At that point I turned around and walked out.

On the way home I saw a Comcast technician. I stopped and asked him if he knew what Anyplay was. A what? I explained what it was and he said he would have to research it back at the shop. He took my number two days ago and I am still waiting for him to get back to me.

I don't blame any of these employees for their lack of knowledge on their own products. Clearly this is a systemic problem that Comcast has to fix. Why roll something out if the employees have not been trained. This is a management problem.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Anyplay Device

Here is the issue, you went to the app store ofrgoogle play store and downloaded an app that is for a service that is not in your area, the people in your area do not know what it is because its not there and they are not trained on it.  The anyplay service requires a subscription for 9.99 a month and you need a piece of hardware you plug into your router, it is as far as I know only in colorado and that area.  It is still being tested.  

here is the website for it.   when its available to you you will get a message. this service lets you watch live tv on your ipad or phone.

http://info.xfinity.com/Portal/content/Comcast/VideoMicrosites/AnyPlay/index.aspx

New Poster

That is why I called the 800 number first, to see if the service was available in my area. Once the rep. figured out what it was that I was looking for she said it was available in my area and to go to the service center and get one. And yes, she said it would be $10 a month.

Are you just assuming that the service is not available in my area, or do you know something Comcast doesn't? Any knowledge is appreciated.

Silver Problem Solver

After a little reading I found this statement:

"AnyPlay is now widely available and is currently priced at $10 a month".

I'm afraid you'll have to call in again, ensure it is available, and get the rep to send out the box.

Good Luck...!

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/anyplay-brings-live-tv-to-the-tablet-2 (Bottom of the page).

Silver Problem Solver

anyplay is not widely availbable, its in a handfull of markets only.  who would pay10.00 a month to have it when to get in on a cable box is the same price.   I dont see the value in this offering at all.

Silver Problem Solver

Might be available in more places than you think Rog, this is from a post by ComcastTeds last summer:

"07-26-2012 02:46 PM

AnyPlay is now available in additional locations. 

Give us a call at 1-800-COMCAST or stop by a Verizon Wireless store. 

Available in these areas: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah and Washington.

Additional locations will be announced soon."

You would think they have added more locations by now. Anyway, it's info for the OP who does appear to be interested in it.

New Poster

Update: the technician called me back and now knows all about Anyplay. He says it is available in my area for $10 a month. Just call the 800 number and they will mail me the device for a self install. If I can't get it to work, they will come out and set it up. 

I will follow his instructions and see what happens.

New Poster

Update: Customer Service at the 800 number connected me with someone who knew what the Comcast protocol was for Anyplay. They shipped the device out to me in a couple of days. The install kit was well designed and included all of the parts and instructions necessary to get the device operating.

Note: This may not be an easy install for those unfamiliar with routers, modems, network switches, and Ethernet. I was able to get it running after buying a new network switch and expanding my available ports.

The device and software work well at close range but I had hoped to use the device in the garage and garden (100 feet), but that is beyond the range of the device. It would be nice to know if the antenna in the device is omnidirectional, or if i can point point it in a direction to get optimum range. Anyone know if there is a range extender that will work with the Anyplay device?

Frequent Visitor

Installed my anyplay device. Working well. Noticed that there are two additional status lights on the box that appear not working yet. One is a Dir light & the other is a record light. Would love to be able to view recordings from the dvr.
New Poster

Are Windows PC's/Phones/Tablets supported with this device? 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation