Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

AnyPlay - some channels only play audio

Regular Visitor

AnyPlay - some channels only play audio

I just setup AnyPlay.  Most channels play fine, but some just just play audio only - example is ESPN (34, 668 here in Denver) - anyone else having this issue?

Official Employee

Re: AnyPlay - some channels only play audio

twh1 wrote:

I just setup AnyPlay.  Most channels play fine, but some just just play audio only - example is ESPN (34, 668 here in Denver) - anyone else having this issue?

Are all the lights on your AnyPlay device white and not blinking?

Is the AnyPlay setting in the Xfinity TV App settings set to ON?

Are your Xfinity TV App settings set to  the Comcast recommended channel lineup for your area?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Are all the lights on your AnyPlay device white and not blinking? YES

Is the AnyPlay setting in the Xfinity TV App settings set to ON? YES

Are your Xfinity TV App settings set to  the Comcast recommended channel lineup for your area? YES

Thanks,
Joe

Most of the other channels work just fine - just seems to be ESPN (34, 668) - would a reset of the device work?

Official Employee

twh1 wrote:

Are all the lights on your AnyPlay device white and not blinking? YES

Is the AnyPlay setting in the Xfinity TV App settings set to ON? YES

Are your Xfinity TV App settings set to  the Comcast recommended channel lineup for your area? YES

Thanks,
Joe

Most of the other channels work just fine - just seems to be ESPN (34, 668) - would a reset of the device work?

Try unplugging the AnyPlay device and then plug it back in.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Ok, so I unplugged the AnyPlay device and was able to view channel 668 - so that was cool, but when I went to another channel (which worked fine) then BACK to channel 668 it only played audio..... very wierd... the SD (channel 34) of it works ONLY the first time i tune to it, but after going to another channel and back it is only Audio as well...... maybe just an ESPN thing??? Smiley Happy

Silver Problem Solver

maybe but remember this is a new device and you are in a test market so you are a beta tester.

Regular Visitor

Oh, I fully understand that, I ws reporting the issue (and looking for a fix as well:-)...). So far the device has been fine - we will put it through some paces over the next couple of days.  I just wanted this issue available to others who might also experience it as well.  I have been involved in many beta product launches for my own company as well as others (like Comcast) and having a backgound in engineering have no issues testing any solutions during these beta tests.

So, after multiple test scenarios, I can reproduce the behavior 100% of the time - later i will test with a second iPad to see if I can see the same beahvior as well as illict feedback here to see if others also see this.

Official Employee

twh1 wrote:

Oh, I fully understand that, I ws reporting the issue (and looking for a fix as well:-)...). So far the device has been fine - we will put it through some paces over the next couple of days.  I just wanted this issue available to others who might also experience it as well.  I have been involved in many beta product launches for my own company as well as others (like Comcast) and having a backgound in engineering have no issues testing any solutions during these beta tests.

So, after multiple test scenarios, I can reproduce the behavior 100% of the time - later i will test with a second iPad to see if I can see the same beahvior as well as illict feedback here to see if others also see this.

Please call 1-877-599-1840 for further assistance.

This number is only for AnyPlay users with AnyPlay issues. If you need help with a non-AnyPlay issue, please create a new thread with your issue and I will assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

What channels are viewable with AnyPlay? My device is fairly worthless, only playing some SD channels and some local HDs everything else "isn't authorized on your device". I subscribe to all the movie channels and the sports package. I've tried calling the help line, but getting nowhere. Strong signal, I'm told. Everything is in order - bill wise, they should be authorized. Any advice? And the lights on the devise - egads they're way too bright.
Official Employee

nashman2 wrote:
What channels are viewable with AnyPlay? My device is fairly worthless, only playing some SD channels and some local HDs everything else "isn't authorized on your device". I subscribe to all the movie channels and the sports package. I've tried calling the help line, but getting nowhere. Strong signal, I'm told. Everything is in order - bill wise, they should be authorized. Any advice? And the lights on the devise - egads they're way too bright.

With AnyPlay you can watch most of the XFINITY TV channels included with your XFINITY TV service with the exception of channels that launch On Demand.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

After speaking with an AnyPlay CSR most of my issues are solved. It turned out, despite previous CSR help, that almost no channels had been "mapped" to the AnyPlay. After the update I can get 98% of the channels.

It is a bummer not to get the movie channels, also I noticed that the Tennis channel was a no-go. A bummer during the Australian open.

New Poster

Re: AnyPlay - activation

Am employee who can help me activate my anyplay I have been on phone over 3 hrs and transferred 100 times to be told that no one knows what anyplay is
New Poster

When will the any play device work wth the motor Xoom?
Official Employee

Re: AnyPlay - activation

Misti2 wrote:
Am employee who can help me activate my anyplay I have been on phone over 3 hrs and transferred 100 times to be told that no one knows what anyplay is

Did you call 1-800-Comcast or the number posted above?

Also, check out our FAQ for AnyPlay. This solves most activation issues:

http://info.xfinity.com/Portal/content/Comcast/VideoMicrosites/AnyPlay/index.aspx

jpzags wrote:

When will the any play device work wth the motor Xoom?

It is coming to the Motorola Xoom but there is no launch date set yet. Once more information becomes available, I will pass it along on these boards. Sorry.

Follow this board for product announcements:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Product-Announcements/bd-p/ProductAnnouncements

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation