Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Another "MyDVR Manager doesn't recognize my DVR"

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Another "MyDVR Manager doesn't recognize my DVR"

My DVR got switched out 2 months ago and now I'm not able to access it via MyDVR manager from my PC, iPhone, iPad. In other words, from nowhere. The DVR works when accessed via the device, but when I go online, I get this error message,

"DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."

The model is RNG200N. I've called Comcast and they seem to be completely clueless. Ticket was escalated. Got a call from the escalation team and they seem to have never have heard of this problem. Their only advice was to turn the DVR on and off and wait 6-1/2 hours to see what happens. Well, what happens is that nothing changes.

The DVR Manager has always worked in the past and now doesn't. Something is obviously not configured correctly at Comcast with my account and the registered hardware but I can't get them (over the phone) to figure it out.

Does anyone here have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Another "MyDVR Manager doesn't recognize my DVR"

rick_at_home wrote:

My DVR got switched out 2 months ago and now I'm not able to access it via MyDVR manager from my PC, iPhone, iPad. In other words, from nowhere. The DVR works when accessed via the device, but when I go online, I get this error message,

"DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."

The model is RNG200N. I've called Comcast and they seem to be completely clueless. Ticket was escalated. Got a call from the escalation team and they seem to have never have heard of this problem. Their only advice was to turn the DVR on and off and wait 6-1/2 hours to see what happens. Well, what happens is that nothing changes.

The DVR Manager has always worked in the past and now doesn't. Something is obviously not configured correctly at Comcast with my account and the registered hardware but I can't get them (over the phone) to figure it out.

Thanks.

We are looking into your issue right now. I will update you when I know more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Is that the motorola or cisco box.  The dvr manager does not work with the cisco boxes.    If its motorola your old dvr is probably still hooked to your account for the dvr manager and you need to call comcast and have it removed and the new one added.  This happens all the time when an old dvr is exchanged and a new one added.  click the tv tab top of this page, then on the next page bottom right corner is a wheel click that next page go to cable boxes and devices see what it says there for what dvr comcast thinks you have.  you can also go into your box menu and to remote access set up, see if there is a code there if it exists delete it there.   Most likely it is an error on your account on comcasts end.

Regular Visitor

Motorola. Thanks for your response. I wish I could get them to understand this problem over the phone as your suspicion is the same as mine (the account is misconfigured). They just insist that "everything's OK on our end". I guess I'm just screwed.

Silver Problem Solver

did you do the troubleshooting steps I suggested?  Go over to the xfinity tv section and pm comcast ted he will look into your issue.

Official Employee

rick_at_home wrote:

Thanks.

We are looking into your issue right now. I will update you when I know more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have been calling and reporting problems with my dvr and caller ID since installation in 2/2012 no one seems to have a clue as to whats going on at comcastThe people who answer the phones don't have a clue as to what services are available to customers in the areaAlso no one follows a problem thru to completionTo keep calling in and reporting the problem getting no where in 2 months is crazyThe emoyees need to be trained to be able to service the products which are advertised that the company has out there or either stop advertising services that are not available and to train the call center and the technicians as to how to handle the problems this should not take 2 months to fix!!!!!

Silver Problem Solver

do you want to tell the people here your issues, you would be surprised how much help you can get here.  From what you posted all I can ask you is do you have a motorola or pace box as caller id is only on there.

Regular Visitor

Thank you ComcastJoe and others here. Whatever was wrong has now been corrected. DVR Manager seems to be working now.

Thanks again!

Silver Problem Solver

There you go. 

Official Employee

rick_at_home wrote:

Thank you ComcastJoe and others here. Whatever was wrong has now been corrected. DVR Manager seems to be working now.

Thanks again!

Glad to hear it is now working.

Since your issue has been resolved, I am going to lock this thread. If the problem occurs again, please create a new thread with your issue and please include a link to this thread.

DVR Manager issues are different customer to customer even though they seem similar. Because of this, we prefer to troubleshoot customers one-on-one.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation