Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Another Non HD Channel added

Regular Contributor

Another Non HD Channel added

Noticed Comcast slipped in EVINELIVE to channel 834 on Garden State NJ channel line up but I when I press Info on my Tivo it says 480i which it is. I think it's strange they would add this Standard channel mixed in with all our HD Channels in the 800 range.
Contributor

Re: Another Non HD Channel added

Yes that is odd, but What I find odd is that dicovery life ch 1497 is marked HD but the channel is in standard, also logo ch. 1439 is also marked in HD when you check the guide but channels are still broadcast in standard like they always been. Now this is very recent. Maybe they were trying to put these channels in HD soon. I know comcast recently added TBN in HD ch. 1661 in NJ.
Frequent Visitor

Historically spekaing, this means that they're planning to add the HD feed in the near future.

Regular Contributor

Also they added TBN HD to channel 876 in South Jersey.
Regular Contributor

Hello everyone,

Typically when we plan on switching a channel to HD we have a number of processes that must be changed. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused as we are constantly  looking to expand our HD programing. If this issue persists beyond a few days I may need to look over your signal. If you are sure there is something incorrect with your service please do not hesitate to message me for support. Please remember to reply with your account name, phone number, and service address. Again I apologize for any confusion. Thank you

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation