Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Another Fake Promotion from Comcast

Regular Contributor

Another Fake Promotion from Comcast

FREE HBO FOR THE WEEK OF MARCH 31 - APRIL 6

I've seen this screaming headline all week, while I call  and talk to endless telephone menus and customer service reps about my OUTRAGEOUS bill for mediocre internet and basic digital cable.

So, the week of something FREE from Comcast has come, and I turn on my TV, and try to tune in HBO, and it's not there.

So I call up Comcast customer service, and the woman doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about.  I hung up on her after 8 1/2 minutes, and called back. I spoke with lovely Miss Asia, and she tried to help me, and explained I had to sign up for HBO.

I declined. She offered to extend it for months for free.  I declined again. It's not free if I have to ask for it.  It's not free if I have to sign up to get it. It was never free. It's another ripoff promo from HBO, attempting to lure customers into BUY MORE, BUY MORE, PAY MORE.

I hate Comcast.  This is just another trick; another example of why people don't trust Comcast, and hate Comcast.

Tags (2)
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Another Fake Promotion from Comcast

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/microsite/watchathon says:

XFINITY® TV customers: Enjoy an all-access pass to thousands of episodes of the hottest shows on TV - FREE with XFINITY On Demand™.
Regular Contributor

So?

It's a promotional come-on. You have to sign up. It's not what they promised. 

It's an "If you jump through this noose", "then you will have had a benefit you didn't ask for" gimmick.

Gold Problem Solver

I would imagine that most customers have On Demand and will able to view the watchathon. For those without On Demand then yes, it's a come-on.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation