Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Android app - not what's advertised on TV

Regular Contributor

Android app - not what's advertised on TV

I see a ton of xfinity commercials promoting the whole "watch anywhere" experience - except that it doesn't seem to be true. I can install the app, I can log in, but on wifi I get nothing but 160006.47 error messages for days on end. If I switch to 4G I get errors that absolutely everything on the site is not viewable on this device (and I've tried several android and ios devices).

Is this another empty promise like the download speeds for my internet that barely break dial-up speeds in reality? Or is there some special mobile device that must be crafted by elves and blessed by a 3-eyed pope before it is allowed to present content?

Official Employee

Re: Android app - not what's advertised on TV

robvandusen wrote:

I see a ton of xfinity commercials promoting the whole "watch anywhere" experience - except that it doesn't seem to be true. I can install the app, I can log in, but on wifi I get nothing but 160006.47 error messages for days on end. If I switch to 4G I get errors that absolutely everything on the site is not viewable on this device (and I've tried several android and ios devices).

Is this another empty promise like the download speeds for my internet that barely break dial-up speeds in reality? Or is there some special mobile device that must be crafted by elves and blessed by a 3-eyed pope before it is allowed to present content?

Apologies for the experience you described above. I am getting a ticket opened on your issue so that we can get this great feature working for you as designed.

No elves or three eyed people are required. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Can you please provide the name and model plus os version of the android device?
We no longer support android versions below 4 for this app.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Well, I can tell you that I posted similar issues in multiple threads on this forum and this is the first time I've seen a response in months. Also see that we're now speaking with "ComcastTed" instead of "ComcastJoe".

Regardless, I can tell you that I've been having an issue getting the TV Player/Go app to run since September. I never get errors, but the video just freezes after a couple minutes. Audio continues. I'm running ICS on an Asus TF101.

This has happened with several different TV shows on several different networks within the app.

Regular Contributor

I think I'm going to just use Hulu and Netflix for now, my patience level for Comcast pretty much dried up years ago.  But for the record, I was running Android 4.2 on the phone, ios 7 on my tablet and iphone. None of the devices worked, they would all get to acquiring license, then tell me that the file could not be played on this device.

Official Employee

cboehm24 wrote:

Well, I can tell you that I posted similar issues in multiple threads on this forum and this is the first time I've seen a response in months. Also see that we're now speaking with "ComcastTed" instead of "ComcastJoe".

Regardless, I can tell you that I've been having an issue getting the TV Player/Go app to run since September. I never get errors, but the video just freezes after a couple minutes. Audio continues. I'm running ICS on an Asus TF101.

This has happened with several different TV shows on several different networks within the app.

Thanks for the details, I have opened a ticket on your issue and on your account so that we can work to resolve. We want you to have the same great experience that our other customers are having with this app. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

robvandusen wrote:

I think I'm going to just use Hulu and Netflix for now, my patience level for Comcast pretty much dried up years ago.  But for the record, I was running Android 4.2 on the phone, ios 7 on my tablet and iphone. None of the devices worked, they would all get to acquiring license, then tell me that the file could not be played on this device.

Thanks for the details, I have opened a ticket on your issue and on your account so that we can work to resolve. We want you to have the same great experience that our other customers are having with this app. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

robvandusen wrote:

Thanks for your patience while the teams investigated your specific issue.

Our teams were not able to duplicate your described issue using the same device and OS.  However, there is an identified known issue impacting a very small number of customers (<1%).   

I assume that you have already attempted to uninstall/reinstall the app in order to see if that resolves the issue.  

We have an open ticket with Adobe on a patch release for Android devices that addresses this issue. That patch release is currently expected to be available in early 2014.

Apologies for the current experience and thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation