Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Android & Browser not changing TV

New Poster

Android & Browser not changing TV

I'm hoping that I will have more luck through the forum than I had with the agent that I spent 45 minutes "chatting" with tonight.  I have two boxes, two tvs.  I have the Xfinity TV app installed on my Nexus 5, controlling my tv in my bedroom.  Testing the box results in nothing.  Channels do not change.  When I go online with my computer, I also get no response from attempting to change channels online.   It seems apparent that it is not communicating to the box at all...but I just couldn't get that across to the agent.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  

I am getting tv reception, and on demand works...so it seems that communication is working on some level.

Help is very much appreciated.

Regular Contributor

Re: Android & Browser not changing TV

Hi, can you provide the following so we can investigate your issue:

1. Device make, model Eg: iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Mini? (Not just IPad or IPod or IMac))
2. OS (name, version — please make sure you get ALL relevant numbers in the version number, Eg: IOS 7.0.1, IOS 7.0.4 .)
3. The version of the app installed.
4.Screenshots wherever applicable.
5. Exact steps to replicate this issue. 
6. Comcast ID: (comcast.net email address or ID)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation