Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Android APP No OnDemand

New Poster

Android APP No OnDemand

I have the Android APP installed on my Tablet and can login without issues. It states that I have no boxes capable for remote access, which is fine. But it doesn't allow me to watch OnDemand content. I can browse the content, but there is no way to watch. Is this because I don't have any compatible boxes? I have 4 digital cable boxes in my house, but none with DVR.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Android APP No OnDemand

you need to be in a motorola market for that to work.  Here is the site with the eligible boxes.  The boxes refer to your market, your system has to be able to handle this, you are probably in a cisco or scientific atlanta market.

http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?seoid=eligible-stbs-xfinity-tv-app

New Poster

Thanks. So even though i don't want to controll my TV or cable box from my tablet, i need one of these boxes to view ondemand shows and movies on my tablet?

Silver Problem Solver

yes, its a matter of market.  it does not work in that area.

Problem Solver

Please download the Xfinity TV app on Android market

Networking Expert

ComcastKchahal wrote:

Please download the Xfinity TV app on Android market

I beleive the OP wants to watch On Demand shows on the Tablet, not by using the tablet to tell his cable box to show an OnDemand movie. The app does not yet have the ability to stream Ondemand content to Android Tablets (at least not from my experience)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

That capability is coming soon to the Android tablet. Stay tuned.

Silver Problem Solver

right so like it was said earlier it will not work. 

Frequent Visitor

What exactly does "coming soon" mean..?? I was told that when I asked six months ago..!

We're waiting for an app for Android that has been out on iOS for over 8 months now... Not 2 or 3, but 8!!

Why can't you give us a time frame for release..? At least give a time frame for beta testing! I mean who do you think you are..? Blizzard or something..?

And if this is because of a deal with apple, or a failure to come to terms on a deal with any of the networks, then tell us so..! Cause if its truly just waiting on the programming, then let me talk to whoever is over funding for your department!! 

Frequent Visitor

I did just receive a very courteous reply from a comcast rep...

One of the longest emails I ever read that said absolutely nothing.. Had to be prepped in advance.. I think they might've hired Clinton's speech writer..

Give us a time line for beta testing please.. its the least you could do..

Frequent Visitor

Still not going to answer us huh..?? Your PR department is still telling you to just shrug your shoulders at all the inquiries..?? Someone needs to wake them up! I personally know of three accounts $200+ a month that you've already lost because of this bulls*it, and I don't know that many people..!

You must've made some deal with apple that your scared of your non-apple customers finding out.. Well its almost been a year now since iOS app launched, there has to be people in your company that was against it in the beginning and are against the continual excuses your giving your costumers.. I can promise you they're right, you are losing costumers because of this ridiculous approach! 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation