Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,857,945

members

1,322

online

30,053

topics

Top

All Scheduled Recordings show Title not Available in DVR Mngr (iphone & online)

Contributor

All Scheduled Recordings show Title not Available in DVR Mngr (iphone & online)

The last 5-6 days all my scheduled recordings are showing Title Not Available, all different channels, times and regardless if its an HD channel or not on my IPhone app. And from my android app, the DVR manager takes you to the web but it shows 'Series Not Available' at Comcast.com also. Plus some of the recordings aren't appearing in the app at all but they are definitely appesring on my DVR and Any room DVR menus. Neither Android or IPhone has upgraded their apps in the last week, what happened?
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: All Scheduled Recordings show Title not Available in DVR Mngr (iphone & onlin


Ratwurkz wrote:
The last 5-6 days all my scheduled recordings are showing Title Not Available, all different channels, times and regardless if its an HD channel or not on my IPhone app. And from my android app, the DVR manager takes you to the web but it shows 'Series Not Available' at Comcast.com also. Plus some of the recordings aren't appearing in the app at all but they are definitely appesring on my DVR and Any room DVR menus. Neither Android or IPhone has upgraded their apps in the last week, what happened?

Make sure that you have the right zip code and service area entered in your TV Listings grid.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: All Scheduled Recordings show Title not Available in DVR Mngr (iphone & onlin

My zip code hasn't changed on my account, or in my settings. And the app hasn't upgraded lately either. Now even some of my recordings on my DVR itself don't have the title, just the date and time, so those don't show up at all in the app. I've done the unplug on my DVR even my cable modem and router, refresh signals etc, but it's still not working right. It just starting doing this less than 2 weeks ago for no apparent reason. It could be one of two things: There were service outages in the Canton, GA area which is 30-40 miles from me but I know for a FACT that even though my zip code is Alpharetta, GA, and my dwelling is physically in Alpharetta, GA the tornado warnings (EAS alerts) I get are always for the wrong county. So it is possible these outages in Canton, GA are affecting my DVR recordings therefore showing TITLE NOT AVAILABLE on my IPhone app. The recording on Comcast help line said that Canton was undergoing a service upgrade but it didn't elaborate on it. You would think that my service area would be straightened out by now since my place was built in 1986, plenty of time to figure out the Metro-Atlanta region vs. Further North on I-75. I've unplugged my DVR about 6 times in the last week to try and get the recording to show the names but they are still randomly not showing the title, and its worse on the IPhone app. Another possibility could be football season. The bandwidth is sucked dry from on-demand and premium channels in general . Sometimes the pixelation would get so bad I would turn off the TV completely, but it's also how I've turned to watching more DVD's and ROKU via my cell phone network because yes, my comcast.net internet would be at a crawl on Sunday and I couldn't get work done either! I really want to catch some of the new season shows coming on soon but I can't tell one from the next on my iPhone app while I am away,if they even show up at all! I have an android tablet but My DVR isn't even integrated in that app yet. And don't even get me started on how dysfunctional the android version of the app is! And why can't the favorite channels we choose on the App be downloaded and integrate with our DVR box? That's got to be an easy thing to program.
Official Employee

Re: All Scheduled Recordings show Title not Available in DVR Mngr (iphone & onlin


Ratwurkz wrote:
My zip code hasn't changed on my account, or in my settings. And the app hasn't upgraded lately either. Now even some of my recordings on my DVR itself don't have the title, just the date and time, so those don't show up at all in the app. I've done the unplug on my DVR even my cable modem and router, refresh signals etc, but it's still not working right. It just starting doing this less than 2 weeks ago for no apparent reason. It could be one of two things: There were service outages in the Canton, GA area which is 30-40 miles from me but I know for a FACT that even though my zip code is Alpharetta, GA, and my dwelling is physically in Alpharetta, GA the tornado warnings (EAS alerts) I get are always for the wrong county. So it is possible these outages in Canton, GA are affecting my DVR recordings therefore showing TITLE NOT AVAILABLE on my IPhone app. The recording on Comcast help line said that Canton was undergoing a service upgrade but it didn't elaborate on it. You would think that my service area would be straightened out by now since my place was built in 1986, plenty of time to figure out the Metro-Atlanta region vs. Further North on I-75. I've unplugged my DVR about 6 times in the last week to try and get the recording to show the names but they are still randomly not showing the title, and its worse on the IPhone app. Another possibility could be football season. The bandwidth is sucked dry from on-demand and premium channels in general . Sometimes the pixelation would get so bad I would turn off the TV completely, but it's also how I've turned to watching more DVD's and ROKU via my cell phone network because yes, my comcast.net internet would be at a crawl on Sunday and I couldn't get work done either! I really want to catch some of the new season shows coming on soon but I can't tell one from the next on my iPhone app while I am away,if they even show up at all! I have an android tablet but My DVR isn't even integrated in that app yet. And don't even get me started on how dysfunctional the android version of the app is! And why can't the favorite channels we choose on the App be downloaded and integrate with our DVR box? That's got to be an easy thing to program.

Even if your zip code and service area are correct on the XFINITY TV app, please re-select it. Sometimes this refresh will clear up any listings that are incorrect or are not showing.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: All Scheduled Recordings show Title not Available in DVR Mngr (iphone & onlin

All right - here's one for you.

My listings are all correct...zip, location, etc.  I have refreshed them. However, they have managed somehow to lose many that I checkd off as "favorite."
When I go to the DVR Manager where it lists what is to be recorded, almost all of them list 'Series title not available," EXCEPT for "Jeopardy."  Those are correct...well, as far as name is concerned.  ALL of the times scheuled are ONE HOUR early.  INcluding Jeopardy, scheduled for 6:30, not 7:30.. The listing page times are all correct.  If I add a new recording, it comes up with the "Series title" thing, and lists it as one hour early. I have tried it on several browsers, and it's the same.  ANy ideas??

Official Employee

Re: All Scheduled Recordings show Title not Available in DVR Mngr (iphone & onlin


hybucket wrote:

All right - here's one for you.

My listings are all correct...zip, location, etc.  I have refreshed them. However, they have managed somehow to lose many that I checkd off as "favorite."
When I go to the DVR Manager where it lists what is to be recorded, almost all of them list 'Series title not available," EXCEPT for "Jeopardy."  Those are correct...well, as far as name is concerned.  ALL of the times scheuled are ONE HOUR early.  INcluding Jeopardy, scheduled for 6:30, not 7:30.. The listing page times are all correct.  If I add a new recording, it comes up with the "Series title" thing, and lists it as one hour early. I have tried it on several browsers, and it's the same.  ANy ideas??


Make sure that your computer's time zone is correct.

 

Also, even though your zip code and location are correct, the time zone may be wrong. Please check your settings again.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: All Scheduled Recordings show Title not Available in DVR Mngr (iphone & onlin

Computer time correct...zip, location and time zone, all correct.

The times are correct on the TV Listings....but are not on the DVR Manager page.  They were correct  a few days ago, as were the titles.

I:ve tried changing to different zip codes and then back, but no difference.

WHy would only one program show it's title, and not the others?

Official Employee

Re: All Scheduled Recordings show Title not Available in DVR Mngr (iphone & onlin


hybucket wrote:

Computer time correct...zip, location and time zone, all correct.

The times are correct on the TV Listings....but are not on the DVR Manager page.  They were correct  a few days ago, as were the titles.

I:ve tried changing to different zip codes and then back, but no difference.

WHy would only one program show it's title, and not the others?


Try resetting your cookies and cache and then try again.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: All Scheduled Recordings show Title not Available in DVR Mngr (iphone & onlin

Been there..done that...lol..  I called Comcast tech dept., and they didn't have a clue.  Escalated to someplace, said they'd call sometime...just thought you might have some idea they hadn't thought of..your zip code advice helped me a while ago (it set to what it thought it should be). THanks anyway.

Contributor

Re: All Scheduled Recordings show Title not Available in DVR Mngr (iphone & onlin

To update this ( and for anyone else who might be having this problem), without my doing ANYTHING, the titles of the programs have magically appeared today. However, the time on the DVR Manager page is still off by an hour.  I download the Xfinity app from iTunes, and isn't it amazing...everything is correct on it.  So obviously it is a problem with the site.  No offense to Joe, who has helped me in the past with problems, but don't you think that SOMEONE at Comcast would realize that a problem exists without having to go thru all this? And, also, no one from Comcast has called me, as they said they would.

Contributor

Re: All Scheduled Recordings show Title not Available in DVR Mngr (iphone & onlin

Hi

 

I have exactly the same problem you described.  No titles now titles but time off by 1 hr

 

fjcag

Official Employee

Re: All Scheduled Recordings show Title not Available in DVR Mngr (iphone & onlin


fjcag wrote:

Hi

 

I have exactly the same problem you described.  No titles now titles but time off by 1 hr

 

fjcag


Reselect your zip code and service area even if it is correct and then check again.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: All Scheduled Recordings show Title not Available in DVR Mngr (iphone & onlin

Joe

 

Did all that 2 or  3 times still off 1 hr

 

fjcag

Official Employee

Re: All Scheduled Recordings show Title not Available in DVR Mngr (iphone & onlin


fjcag wrote:

Joe

 

Did all that 2 or  3 times still off 1 hr

 

fjcag


I saw you post in another thread.

 

Is this issue happening on the XFINITY TV App or on our TV Lisitngs page or both? The other customer on the other board is not referring to the app.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: All Scheduled Recordings show Title not Available in DVR Mngr (iphone & onlin

Joe

 

It is happening in DVR Manager Scheduled Recordings which I guess would be TV listings.  The TV listings section of DVR Manager is correct, but the Scheduled recordings is off by 1hr.  click on this link   http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr   then go to scheduled recordings.

 

 

Thanks

fjcag

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1750 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation