Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

All DVR recordings gone!

Frequent Visitor

All DVR recordings gone!

All of the movies and programs I've recorded for over a year have completely disappeared from my DVR.  I know for a fact that I did not delete them.  The only recordings showing up are the ones that started this week.  What is going on and how do I get them back??? 

Frequent Visitor

Re: All DVR recordings gone!

no responses from Comcast to this problem?  I know I'm not the only one having this issue.  

annakiss wrote:

All of the movies and programs I've recorded for over a year have completely disappeared from my DVR.  I know for a fact that I did not delete them.  The only recordings showing up are the ones that started this week.  What is going on and how do I get them back??? 

New Poster

We have been having this issue also.  I have been rebooting the DVR.  The programming shows up again and will play, however, the description of the program is gone.  It has been very frustrating as we have to reboot several times a day.  Have no idea why this is happening.  Am trying to get answers from Comcast.

New Poster

We have encountered the same issue twice and Comcast seems complacent about it.  We had years of valued recordings on the DVR and they are now gone.  They had significant value to our family and Comcast does not recognize the fact that we invested time and paid them for the service that is now useless.  We received a different legacy box and it would not properly record on the DVR.  To fix it they just rebooted a legacy unit that was likely used by someone else and it is still not working.  To get a new (current) box they say that we need to hire an electrician to replace a cable that Comcast installed years ago.  Ugh.

It takes too much time to reach a person at Comcast and when you are able to finally reach someone it takes even more time to try to accomplish anything.  It seems like they are using this difficulty to get people to give-up and not call.  It has worked for them with me until recently.  Becasue of the apathy I have witnessed and in frustration, I called Verizon this week.     

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation