Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Advertisements take excessively long to load or don't load at all

Frequent Visitor

Advertisements take excessively long to load or don't load at all

I don't mind having to watch the ads when I'm trying to stream on demand, but when the ads take several minutes to load, or they never load at all, it makes me angry at the advertisers.  Please put a timer on the streaming on demand that if an ad takes more than the entire commercial break would have taken - SKIP IT!

Brad

New Poster

Re: Advertisements take excessively long to load or don't load at all

I would also say have the web programmers, or whoever codes and updates things, put a check in the logic for if there are more than the intended number of ads in a row (like the 22 I just suffered, which is rediculous) like say 5, it ends advertisement and goes back to the content the person wanted.

Seeing the same commercials, 4 and 5 times in a commercial block session (yes, I counted, and yes, out of the 22, there were 4 or 5 repetitions of the same ad, and this happened for several of the ads.. meaning during the run, one commercial showed around 4 times, another commerical showed 4 times or more etc, and I don't mean in a row.. within the mix of the commercials, they kept cycling and cycling... not sure how much plainer or verbose in the explanation I need be..

Oh, and waiting on 4th ad in this sequence, for what I'm watching, and it's been about 10 minutes.. waiting for it to play, so it can get back to the show...

I can understand a 45 minute show taking an hour, because of advertisements.. but between delays and needless infinite (nearly) repeating, having the total ad time be longer than the show content is unprofessionally neglectful...

New Poster

It's doing it again... at least 15 ad's in a row, multiple plays of same or same company's commercial... not sure if it's specific, but seems to happen a lot with Freeform's show "Stitchers"

New Poster

Happening again tonight.. this time during Shadowhunters... been doing pretty well, but it's doing it again.... too many commercials in a row, and multi repeats of each company... nearly 20 commercials this run, and I'm not counting anymore...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation