Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Advertisement breaks cause FAILURE of stream (TV and Movies)

Regular Visitor

Advertisement breaks cause FAILURE of stream (TV and Movies)

on an increasingly frequent basis, when the TV stream is interrupted (by Comcast) to inject 120 seconds of commercials, the stream never progresses.  the advertisement(s) do not start, if you refresh, it shows the message 'your video will resume shortly'.  

this most frequently happens from 2p-11p, although it has happened at other times as well.

following any of the diagnostics has failed to 'identify a problem'.  this occurs on different os platforms. occurs after reinstalling all known contributing software.  

i am at the point where it is time to accept that plea from DirecTV and return.  

(note: the internet access when this occurs is unaffected; other streaming video (e.g., hulu) will work fine before, after and during the Comcast video stream interruption.

i am a most dissatisfied customer

New Poster

Re: Advertisement breaks cause FAILURE of stream (TV and Movies)

Same issue...I keep wondering why I pay almost $200 a month for this....

New Poster

This is happening to me as well. In addition, I find the episode availability weirdly sporadic. For example, I've been watching Witches of East End. I went to watch the next episode, 9, a few days ago and it was not available so I started watching 10. I only got half way through that episode when the commerical hang up made it so I couldn't watch any further. The next day to my delight, Episode 9 magically appeared. I was able to watch half of that before I had to do other things. When I went back yesterday to see the second half, it was no longer available! I tried watching 10 again and rewatched the first half after resume would not work but no luck, the commerical in the middle still prevented me from going any further. After watching the entire season of a show, it really stinks to miss the last two episodes due to comcast problems.

New Poster

I am having the same issue with everything I try to watch. It's getting worse every day.

Frequent Visitor

Same issues - they are inflating numbers to their advertisers.   We should contact their advertisers and threaten to boycott their products - maybe then they will fix it.   It is getting worse and worse....a company imploding on its own monopoly powers.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation