Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Adobe Flash when trying to view shows

New Poster

Adobe Flash when trying to view shows

I usually watch programs in HBO or STARZ on the computer.  About a week ago I started getting a message that I need Flash 11.8 or higher.  I already have version 14.  I deleted it and downloaded it again to no avail.  Whatever I do, it still says I need Flash 11.8 or higher.  I know Flash version 14 is there but somehow comcast is NOT connecting to it so I can watch programs like I used to do.  HELP!

Regular Contributor

Re: Adobe Flash when trying to view shows

Adobe just released Flash version 15.0.0.152 so you may want to update to that version and see if it helps.

New Poster

I downloaded version 15 and it still does not work.  Thanks anyway.

Regular Contributor

What web browser are you using? If you're using IE, then I would suggest FireFox or Chrome since usually people who have problems in IE have better luck with another browser.

- Norm

New Poster

The problem is with both IE and Firefox.  Thanks anyway.

Regular Contributor

What is the exact error message that you are getting? (the wording is important)

You say "I deleted it and downloaded it again to no avail" but have you used the Adobe uninstaller to cleanly and completely remove Flash before you reinstall it? http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

You haven't mentioned what operating system you're using but if you're using IE on anything less than Windows 8 then you are using plugin based Flash for both IE and FireFox so you can try Google Chrome which uses Pepper based Flash (like IE on Windows 8) which is compiled into the browser rather than run as a plugin and that may overcome whatever problem you are having.

- Norm

New Poster

Uh-Oh...You need Flash!!

We have detected that your computer needs the Adobe Flash Player to properly view this video.

The minimum required version of Flash for this video is 11.8.0

Downloading the latest version of this software will allow you to experience the full version of the site as it was designed with simpler, stress-free navigation, more customization options, and tons of new content.

The above is a copy of the exact message I now receive.  I am using Windows 7.  And yes, I used uninstall before re-installing Flash.  It always worked before but suddenly stopped a while back.

Regular Contributor

I've looked in the Adobe discussion forums and there is next to no information about this problem. The only mention of it was where someone then updated to the latest version and that fixed the problem which is not the case here. There is one thread here where someone mentioned this problem and that using Pepper Flash based Chrome overcame the problem in their case so that's the only immediate suggestion I have.

The only other advice I can give you is to go to the Adobe Flash forums here: https://forums.adobe.com/community/flashplayer and register and ask about it there, perhaps someone there who is more knowledgeable about the inner workings of Flash knows how to fix this.

- Norm

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation