Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,872,241

members

501

online

28,741

topics

Top

Additional outlet box with digital auto out

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Additional outlet box with digital auto out

Hi.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a set top box for the additional X1 outlet that has Digital audio out. My main X1 DVR has that, but my other X1 box does not. Is there a way to get one that does?
Accepted Solution

Re: Additional outlet box with digital auto out

XG2.

Your answer is contained in this thread which is pinned at the top of the forum: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-TV-Box-Comparison-DVR-vs-Non-DVR/td-p/2860183

 


mjaaa24 wrote:
Hi.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a set top box for the additional X1 outlet that has Digital audio out. My main X1 DVR has that, but my other X1 box does not. Is there a way to get one that does?

 

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Additional outlet box with digital auto out

XG2.

Your answer is contained in this thread which is pinned at the top of the forum: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-TV-Box-Comparison-DVR-vs-Non-DVR/td-p/2860183

 


mjaaa24 wrote:
Hi.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a set top box for the additional X1 outlet that has Digital audio out. My main X1 DVR has that, but my other X1 box does not. Is there a way to get one that does?

 

Service Expert

Re: Additional outlet box with digital auto out

adding.... the technology has moved beyond the digital audio cable connection. The HDMI provides all the same properties of the digital cable plus additional formats/resolutions (of audio). If you use a receiver that works with HDMI the coax may not be needed and could possibly downgrade your available audio formats.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Additional outlet box with digital auto out

Thanks for that. I asked the online chat person about swapping my XiD box for an XG2 that has the digital aduio out. They told me to go to the Xfinity customer service center to get one. I did, and they said it is a primary box only. So I cannot have a XG1 DVR and a XG2. Pretty disappointing that Comcast does not offer a adtional outlet box, that I pay 9.95 for, that has digital audio output. Yes I know newer sound systems have HDMI, but mine does not. It still works perfectly, just needs a digital audio output from the set top box to it. Sadly, Comcast has boxes that do work with that, but a customer is only allowed one of those. If anyone knows if there is a way for Comcast to let a customer have a XG1 and XG2, that would be great. I understand if they do not allow that at all with no exceptions.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Additional outlet box with digital auto out

What you were told was wrong. I have an XG1-A and two XG2s.

So do many other members of this forum.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Additional outlet box with digital auto out

Okay thanks. How did you get a XG2 as an additional outlet? I went to the store and then called Xfinity as well and they both told me the same thing. Cannot have a XG1 and a XG2. I currently have an Arris XG1-A and a Pace XiD.
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Additional outlet box with digital auto out

I would talk to others at the store. Remind them that you checked in this forum and found that it is a common occurrence.
Service Expert

Re: Additional outlet box with digital auto out


mjaaa24 wrote:

Thanks for that. I asked the online chat person about swapping my XiD box for an XG2 that has the digital aduio out. They told me to go to the Xfinity customer service center to get one. I did, and they said it is a primary box only. So I cannot have a XG1 DVR and a XG2. Pretty disappointing that Comcast does not offer a adtional outlet box, that I pay 9.95 for, that has digital audio output. Yes I know newer sound systems have HDMI, but mine does not. It still works perfectly, just needs a digital audio output from the set top box to it. Sadly, Comcast has boxes that do work with that, but a customer is only allowed one of those. If anyone knows if there is a way for Comcast to let a customer have a XG1 and XG2, that would be great. I understand if they do not allow that at all with no exceptions.


tell them you want to be able to record 6 channels at a time (hence need for xg2 that has its own tuners). If no luck, call 800-Comcast and select billing and explain the problem. they can order an XG2 to be delivered to your home. good luck! (I have 3 DVRs and 1 XG2)




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Additional outlet box with digital auto out

Thank you for the suggestions! I called again for the billing department and after a bit of confusion and explaining, they said they would send me a "TV Box" for 9.95 a month that they assured me works with the X1 DVR system and has audio out ports. Little skeptical that they are getting this right, but hoping for the best!

Service Expert

Re: Additional outlet box with digital auto out


mjaaa24 wrote:

Thank you for the suggestions! I called again for the billing department and after a bit of confusion and explaining, they said they would send me a "TV Box" for 9.95 a month that they assured me works with the X1 DVR system and has audio out ports. Little skeptical that they are getting this right, but hoping for the best!


I sure hope they don't send you an rng150 (earliest companion set top box). it is very slow and won't work with the voice x11 remote (no RF pairing possible).




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Additional outlet box with digital auto out

Yes, me too. I had that one when I first had the X1 in 2014. He said it was "a little newer" than the one I have, which is the XiD, so hoping it's the XG2. Didn't have to pay for shipping, so worth a shot. Thanks for all the help! Surprised the employees don't know the model numbers of the set top boxes.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 610 views
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation