Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Ad issues yet again

Frequent Visitor

Ad issues yet again

So here I was watching the new episode of Duck Dynasty halfway through the show no problems at all. Normal commercial break as usual, but then all of the sudden what a normal commercial break would be turned into a 10 minute ordeal! I didn't realized until the same commercial kept popping up. Yes I'm talking about the Kmart, Sears, and Tide ads. Once the Tide ad repeated 3 times. Thats when I noticed I was watching commercials instead of the tv show. Don't bother refreshing it, without watching another 10 minutes of commercials. Once your show finally plays it starts off right before a commercial break. So you're stuck watching another set of commercials!! Seriously Comcast?

Regular Contributor

Re: Ad issues yet again

The are a couple things you can do, first post in the official advertisement problem thread here http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Ad-Issue-during-Video-Playback-on-http-xfinitytv-comc... the official Comcast people are monitoring that thread for people posting about this kind of thing. If you don't get any kind of response within a reasonable time then send a private message to one of the official Comcast people.

As a work around when you encounter advertisement issues that are so onerous that it makes the show unwatchable you can in most cases go directly to the networks own website and watch from there. I can tell you from my own experience that at one time all CBS shows were so ridden with advertisement issues that for a three month period I didn't even bother to watch from the Xfinity site but just went to the CBS web site instead. The problem was eventually resolved and I went back to watching from the Xfinity site.

- Norm

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation