Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Access to NFL Network's Mobile App

Regular Visitor

Access to NFL Network's Mobile App

When will Comcast sign up to allow it's customers to use the NFL Networks Mobile App? It seems like Direct TV, AT&T, Time Warner and Cox are always the first to allow their customers to use the Premium Channels apps first. Would sure be nice to get to use the NFL Network Mobile App.

New Poster

Re: Access to NFL Network's Mobile App

Agreed. Seems ridiculous to pay the high rates for cable access, but can't get on a mobile device. They need to step up.
Contributor

Verizon is exclusive mobile carrier for NFL. Won't get it otherwise.
New Poster

Then why do the other companies offer it?  If you go to the apple app store and try to set it up, it offers you time/warner and a few other companies, just not comcast.

Regular Visitor

I agree. It seems that Premium Channels like HBO To-Go, Showtime allow Comcast to use their App. Starz does not like Comcast. Not sure why Comcast does not allow it's customers to use these Apps. I wanted to watch something on NFL Network but Comcast was not listed. It seems to me that they would want to be the first instead of their competitors.

Contributor

There used to be two separate NFL apps. The one for any user who wanted to access normal scores, stats, etc. and Verizon's specific one that allowed live game action. The NFL and Verizon have a contract that only allows mobile usage to Verizon customers. I think if you sign up for DirecTV Sunday Ticket, you can also view that through their apps, but other than that, there is no live NFL games on mobile. From Apple App Store description for NFL mobile app. · PREMIUM FEATURES – Verizon customers can upgrade to Premium Features to gain access to live streams of NFL RedZone on Sunday afternoons, LIVE NFL games on Thursday, Sunday and Monday Nights, and NFL Network 24/7. http://www.fiercemobilecontent.com/story/nfl-verizon-team-redesigned-cross-carrier-pro-football-app/... This link gives more detail about the content. Regarding Comcast with various app access, these issues are usually settled around the time contract negotiations between the content company and Comcast come due. This is because the content company unusually wants more money from Comcast in order to gain this access. They also usually want Comcast to carry more of their channels on tiers available to more subscribers. Also, Comcast wants more money from the content companies to carry all this extra stuff. The whole process is screwed up, but it won't be changing anytime soon.
New Poster

so you are saying despite the exorbantent price that I pay comcast, all their competitors are giving their customers this service and I don't get it.  Even though most of those companies charge lower for their cable in the first place?  

Official Employee

Well actually you said that.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Customers of Cox, Cablevison, and AT&T U-Verse are able to stream NFL Network and NFL RedZone, in addition to Verizon mobile and presumably FiOS customers.

When will this be available to Comcast customers? If anyone from Comcast cares to respond, please say it's possible before the current contract expires around 2018.
Official Employee

Centre ice had the answer above Verizon is exclusive on mobile devices

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I agree. Someone from Comcast Customer Care should answer the question posted and provide a reason why we spend so much money and do not get access.

Contributor

Verizon's exclusivity is for phones. However, Cox, Cablevision, and AT&T U-Verse provide the ability to stream to tablets, laptops, and desktops. I'd take that right now if given the chance.
New Poster

Why would Comcast respond? You probably only use Comcast because you don't have a meaningful alternative (I don't, I'd kill to get FIOS), so it's not like they care if you're happy.
New Poster

ComCast this sucks. I pay extra just to get the NFL channels, why the heck do I now have to pay verizon also to get them on my phone.

New Poster

Actually if I get them on my phone and my phone allows me to stream to the tv I can just drop your extra charge. Real smart business.

New Poster

When will comcast have the nfl network app available
New Poster

There are many of us that have consulted an attorney to file suit against Comcast for this reason as they have had ample amount of time to address the issue. Anyone interested in joining the suit contact me, or just keep monitoring this thread.
Contributor

rtr2 wrote:
There are many of us that have consulted an attorney to file suit against Comcast for this reason as they have had ample amount of time to address the issue. Anyone interested in joining the suit contact me, or just keep monitoring this thread.

LOL seriously do you think this is going to speed up the process? I am not going to hold my breath. I willl just be subscribing to a few postings here on the forum and wait for someone to post that Comcast is now available

New Poster

I agree with this posting. There are companies from all over the country that offer this app with their service and I would like to be able to use the nfl network app as well.
New Poster

So is there any plan to change this?

Service Expert
Moved:

post by bheller24 removed because it violates forum posting guidelines.

Forum Guidelines

(which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state

Please Don't

2. Use Profanity

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 14 in conversation