Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

AMC and TruTV not playing

New Poster

AMC and TruTV not playing

When I try to watch AMC or TruTV shows I just get the starting playback but it never starts or sometimes after the initial commercial it just goes to blank screen with the controls but never starts.  I am signed into my comcast account made sure I was running Silverlight 5 and cleared cache have restarted several times but still same issue.  I should add that ABC, NBC, CBS, Comedy Central shows all play without an issue.  Any help.  Thanks

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: AMC and TruTV not playing

redsandvb wrote:

When I try to watch AMC or TruTV shows I just get the starting playback but it never starts or sometimes after the initial commercial it just goes to blank screen with the controls but never starts.  I am signed into my comcast account made sure I was running Silverlight 5 and cleared cache have restarted several times but still same issue.  I should add that ABC, NBC, CBS, Comedy Central shows all play without an issue.  Any help.  Thanks

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

okay that is strange it won't working in IE or Chrome but it did work in firefox.

New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: 84047 My Cable Provider: Comcast Salt Lake City Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: Not Installed My public IP address: 144.35.22.56 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 16 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/16.0.912.63 Safari/535.7 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 11.1 R102 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled

Official Employee

redsandvb wrote:

okay that is strange it won't working in IE or Chrome but it did work in firefox.

If it works in Firefox and not in Google Chrome that means there is something in Chrome that is blocking videos from playing.

Try disabling any ad-blocking plug-ins and add-ons in Chrome than try playing videos again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation