Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

A whole lot of TV shows not playing Online

New Poster

A whole lot of TV shows not playing Online

Looks like some channels are playing while others not. they all have problems with tv commercials. I have the latest Flash Player and latest Windows 7 updates, and pretty sure the problem is with Comcast servers.  

I used to watch Hung with no problems, now It freezes after the HBO logo and music playes.

It's so frustrating when a paid service it's so unreliable and goes unresolved for so long. I know it's a complicated issue, but please hire some competent people which can take care of the multitude problems you're having (based on the amount of complaints recieved just this week).

To all readers: please start a new thread for your issue. This way Comcast can realize the magnitude of their problem

New Poster

Re: A whole lot of TV shows not playing Online

By the way, just watched Survivor on CBS website. Couldn't watch it thru Comcast.

Regular Contributor

For more than a year CBS more than any network has experienced problems, my best suggestion is to go right to the CBS website and watch from there.

I took a network security seminar about a year ago, one of the topics that the presenter discussed was how in many cases websites were being infected by viruses through the ad servers they used. That in many cases the ad servers belonged to the advertising company and not the website and that rather than attacking the website hackers were targeting the ad servers and by posting virus infected ads were infecting all websites that use those servers. So what I'm saying is that the ad servers are not nessesarily under Comcasts direct control and when there are problems with ads it's may not be the websites own fault.

If you're serious about wanting it fixed then try private messaging the official Comcast support people ComcastJoe or ComcastDaniel; to date I've seen ComcastDaniel be somewhat more responsive and actually fix some people's problems while the other guy like you say seems to do nothing. If that doesn't work keep calling phone support, get a ticket number keep calling every few days asking the status of the ticket until something is done. The squeeky wheel gets the oil.

- Norm

New Poster

Wow! This gets better and better. Up to noon today I had no problems watching Xfinity online using my Kindle with the built in App. Now? Nothing, nada. stuck on loading video. Is Comcast trying to loose customers?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation