Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

7 local channels not on comcast

Frequent Visitor

7 local channels not on comcast

Comcast we have 7 local broadcast channels that are not on your system in Salisbury, MD that need to be added.

WGDV - Laff TV, Azteca,Bounce,H&I,Grit, & Escape

WBOC-Telemendo.    

When will these channels be added to our local comcast tv programming?

Official Employee

Re: 7 local channels not on comcast

Savage9 wrote:

Comcast we have 7 local broadcast channels that are not on your system in Salisbury, MD that need to be added.

WGDV - Laff TV, Azteca,Bounce,H&I,Grit, & Escape

WBOC-Telemendo.    

When will these channels be added to our local comcast tv programming?

We expect to add WGDV Azteca and WBOC Telemundo in the Salisbury television market (DMA) on November 11th.

We are swapping out the current DC-based affiliate stations for the local stations. We will be putting the channels on the same channel locations as the DC stations so there is no customer disruption.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks any ideas when the other 5 channels from our local will be added Laff TV, Bounce etc...

Official Employee

Savage9 wrote:

Thanks any ideas when the other 5 channels from our local will be added Laff TV, Bounce etc...

Those channels are not the primary broadcast station; those services are on the dot 2 or dot 3 multicast of the local broadcaster (secondary and tertiary sub channels)  and are not required to be offered on cable or other multichannel video providers.

We don't have plans to add those channels in this area at this time. 

I have passed along your interest in this programming to the right teams for future consideration.