Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

7/17/12: New TV Listings Updates

Official Employee

7/17/12: New TV Listings Updates

Four new options have been added to your TV Listings page. All these new options can be found under the Customize Listings tab on the top-right hand corner of your grid (see picture below).

The four new options are:

1. The ability to view either 1, 3, or 5 hours of upcoming programming

2. The ability to browse the listings in a more compact view so you can see more channels at once

3. Now the ability to sort the channels alphabetically is available

4. You can now adjust the times for Daylight Savings Time

Cuslistings.png

All these additions are features that have been requested by you the customer. Please keep continuing to provide feedback to help us improve the site.

If you are having any issues, please create a new thread with as much detail as possible and we will further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: 7/17/12: New TV Listings Updates

Hello,

I would like to see the filters on the top of the page.

New Poster

Why can we not save the change  on the Tv Listing?

Official Employee

tonyspin wrote:

Why can we not save the change  on the Tv Listing?

Make sure that you are signed in when viewing your TV Listings. If you are not signed in, your TV Listings will not save.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

can't we view all the listings besides the 4 options of kids, olympics, sports and movies??? I just want the full listing!!

Official Employee

rkaup wrote:

can't we view all the listings besides the 4 options of kids, olympics, sports and movies??? I just want the full listing!!

Make sure that none of those four filters are on. If any of them are blue, please click them again to make sure they are off and not blue. Your full listings should now appear.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

tv lineup default is sports...how please do i reset to all channels...should be simple...dont see it!

Official Employee

dk34 wrote:

tv lineup default is sports...how please do i reset to all channels...should be simple...dont see it!

You will see the sports filter on the left of the TV Listings Page highlighted blue. Click it again to turn it off.

If you are turning off the filter, leaving the page, and coming back to the page with the filter on, try deleting your cookies and cache and please try again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Re: 7/17/12: New TV Listings Updates - nice improvements, one problem with touch

The update design is working really well for me; much more responsive than previous versions, I really like the options for smaller columns and the # of hours. good work...

browsing the guide on my touch based tablet while watching the current show on the TV is a great way to use the comcast service.

most of this page works well with touch but there is one part that does not work.

the watch channel and favorites tagging feature accessed via the channel column does not work with touch since it depends on a hover state (moving the mouse over it causes the "watch channel" and make a favorite "heart" icon appear).

when using a touch there is no hover state so the design fails when used with touch. consider requiring a click to activate this instead.

Official Employee

Re: 7/17/12: New TV Listings Updates - nice improvements, one problem with touch

ChrisGuzak wrote:

The update design is working really well for me; much more responsive than previous versions, I really like the options for smaller columns and the # of hours. good work...

browsing the guide on my touch based tablet while watching the current show on the TV is a great way to use the comcast service.

most of this page works well with touch but there is one part that does not work.

the watch channel and favorites tagging feature accessed via the channel column does not work with touch since it depends on a hover state (moving the mouse over it causes the "watch channel" and make a favorite "heart" icon appear).

when using a touch there is no hover state so the design fails when used with touch. consider requiring a click to activate this instead.

Try using the XFINITY TV App which can be found in the iTunes Store or Google Play. The TV Listings in the app are made for the tablet and mobile devices.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have a Windows Phone; iPhone or Android apps don't help me.

looking forward to a Windows 8 tablet version of your app (I hope you are working on one ;-)).

New Poster

is it a goal for the website to be used with a touch based web browser?

if so then this is a bug in the desing. if not you should warn people that touch based browsers aren't completely supported.

using hover does not appear to be a design win so it might be easiest to just change it to support touch.

Chris

New Poster

it seems the implmeentation has been changed and now touch works well.  hover is not needed to expose the "heart".

Frequent Visitor

Joe - I have been a fan of xfinity online programming since it first came out - I find that most everytime 

I go the site whether it's on my smartphone, ipad or computer the site has changed and i have to relearn 

the new version - moreover, the site is not improved it seems to me with each change - only more confusing 

and more difficult to find what you want - 

I/m talking about simple things like locating a show - such as motorcycle racing - if I use your search feature I get everything but when the race is on speedt etc 

I think that something should be considered to simplify this site and stop changing it every two weeks

Contributor

I have a Samsung GS3 phone.  The Android app works absolutely great.

Don't change a thing with it for fear of it getting broken.

New Poster

i went to look at the tv listings today and all of my favorites are gone?  Furthermore, when I try to add them, the screen refreshes back to the top of the listings.  it will take hours to set them up again.  not to mention that I added a few and then clicked the favorites filter to find that none of the favorites I just chose are not there.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation