Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

500 internal server error CONSTANTLY while trying to watch on xtv.comcast.net

Contributor

500 internal server error CONSTANTLY while trying to watch on xtv.comcast.net

I've tried two different browsers, logging out, logging back in.  At some random point during playback, the video goes away and I get a full page error about playback error, 500 internal server error.

This seems to be more prevalent in the evening than during the day, but it has been going on for at least a couple of weeks.

Windows 8.1 home.  Both IE and Firefox.  Full updates applied.

Contributor

Re: 500 internal server error CONSTANTLY while trying to watch on xtv.comcast.net

Just confirmed this to occur multiple physical machines now.  Windows 7 and Windows 8.  Firefox and Chrome.

Contributor

Re: 500 internal server error CONSTANTLY while trying to watch on xtv.comcast.net

Now from yet a third machine I get:

(Error 503: Service unavailable)

This may be a temporary issue so try again shortly.

This is a macbook running Firefox.  Rebooted my cable modem for posterity.

Nobody has seen this issue?  These aren't " your computer is messed up" typical issues, they're internal server issues, if the error code is any indication.

Contributor

Now 100.404.

Nobody else has this much trouble with the web based playing?

New Poster

Ryancrice wrote:

Now 100.404.

Nobody else has this much trouble with the web based playing?

I am also experiencing this problem (error code 500: internal server error). The error is so prevalent that it makes the web based playback almost useless.

I've been experiencing the error for a couple months now and have yet to find a fix/workaround or get anywhere with comcast with an issue that is clearly on their end.

Frequent Visitor

I have been getting both a "500 internal server error" and a "Connection Error: 3305" on both my Apple devices and my Windows desktop. Streming HD channels, which worked when I first obtained the X1 service a couple of months ago, is now impossible. And today, even the CBS standard definition channel froze.

A call to technical support on Saturday was useless. Finally, one of the people I spoke to promised a call from an X1 technical expert -- a call that never came.

Suffice it to say that I am quite angry that what was for me the main feature that enticed me to switch to the X1 platform is the feature that does not work. 

Frequent Visitor

Good news: The problem disappeared a day ago as mysteriously as it appeared. Or so I thought. Earlier this evening I began checking the channels that were pixelating, stuttering and freezing a couple of days ago, and they were all trouble free. But now I'm trying to watch an on-depand show using my desktop at xtv.comcast.net, and 10 minutes or so in the program stops. "Your connection has been interrupted," the message says. "Error 500: Internal server error." I hit the "Try again" button every 30-45 seconds for three or four times, without result. I try the Xfinity TV app on my iPod Touch and it works fine. I open a new browser window on my computer and go back to the xtv site. I get a request to accept the terms of conditions and I accept the name of the device. I am then sent to a menu where, fortunately, see the program I was watching, cued to where I left off. But, before I could decide to watch it again, there's the message again: "Your connection has been interrupted." Very frustrating.

New Poster

I've experienced the same issue. Watching live TV and DVR recording on Windows 8 Laptop. Works for a good 20 mins then Internal Server error 500. I even put the url address in trusted sites not still appears. I gave up trying to fix this. Paying for somrthing that we can't even use. 

New Poster

This happens to me EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to use this service.  This streaming service is so unreliable, they may as well have not even advertise it as a selling point.  I am very disappointed with the reliability of streaming TV from X1 service.

Problem Solver

I too have experienced this problem. It can be sporadic. Some nights I can watch a few recordings thru the PC with no problem, while other nights I will have to click "Try Again" constantly just to get thru a show.

I have replied to 2 other topics in this forum about this issue: Topic 1, Topic 2.  I will continue to complain about this until Comcast decides to acknowledge a problem in their system.

I personally think the problem occurs if too many people in your neighborhood decide to stream simultaneously, overwhelming the Comcast servers.  But I could be wrong.

Contributor

Still occuring for me.  Fantastic!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation