topics

5/31: error message 4007?

ANSWERED
New Poster

5/31: error message 4007?

error message 4007?

Accepted Solution

Re: error message 4007?

Issue is now resolved - sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you see any further issues.

View answer in context
New Poster

Error 4007 in the middle of my show

So i got the error 4007 during the middle of watching six feet under and now it wont start up. I did what it said to do i.e. restart browser etc. please fix this

New Poster

Error 4007

Trying to watch the walking dead episode ' Trigger Finger'. Not happening, I am told 

This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 4007)

Please check back soon.

LEARN MORE

I have tried the troubleshooting recs. But to no avail. 

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Error 4007

Getting the same 4007 error while watching The Wire Series.  Everyhting was working yesterday, just started getting the error this morning.  Apparently, it's a problem on Comcast's end, and we just have to wait for them to fix it -- that's what I read in a prior forum discussion on error code 4007.

New Poster

Re: Error 4007 in the middle of my show

I am getting the same error this morning trying to watch True Blood. There is ALWAYS something wrong with Comcast service.

Official Employee

Hi all,

This morning (2/21/12) between 6AM EST to 8AM EST we were having some issues with videos on Xfinitytv.com. Many users were seeing a 4007 error when trying to start a video or in the middle of a video.

Please try watching your video again and let me know if you are still having issues.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your feedback,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am getting the error whenever I try to watch anything HBO.  I tried re-installing silver light, and did all the other normal fixes.  

New Poster

I am also getting Error 4007 in the middle of any Showtime or HBO show! : (  Is there anything we can do to fix it?

Frequent Visitor

I'm also getting Error 4007 in the middle of a show and when I try to get back into it. It now seems to happen with each Streampix episode of Hereos. BUT - while I was filling out this text box it works again. 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Heroes/1200/2196958902/Heroes-116/videos

Is there anything I can do on this end to stop that from happening? I did already try deleting cookies, etc.

This is still a problem.

I don't seem to be ablt to watch any regular xfinity shows due to Error 564

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Grimm/143120/2208588660/Plumed-Serpent/videos

Here's my data:

My Device Information

My Zip Code:

My Cable Provider:

Comcast Seattle Digital

My myDVR Manager Status:

Activated

My Set Top Box Names:

Living Room

My Queue setup:

False

Facebook Queue Syncing:

False

Facebook Connect:

False

My public IP address:

My operating system:

Windows - Undefined

My web browser:

Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.79 Safari/535.11

My system type:

Desktop Computer Or Other Device

My Move player version:

My Silverlight version:

My flash version:

11.1 R102

Javascript:

Enabled

Cookies:

Enabled

It seems like every other week there is a new error code, and I am either unable to finish what I've been watching or catch something new. The last time I posted, the problem was fixed pretty quickly. Even though I don't care for the frequency of errors, I do really appreciate the timely response. Thank you for your good customer service.

Official Employee

We are looking into why this occurred. Can you please try videos again and let me know if they are working? I no longer see any issues.
Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'm still getting Error 564 on that episode of Grimm, but I'm watching the latest Survivor right now with no play problems. I'll post again if Grimm works tonight at some point.

Thanks for your help!

Regular Visitor

I am now getting the Error 4007...was this issue ever resolved??

Frequent Visitor

I haven't encountered this error for quite a while. Mostly, that's because I can't even start the episode due to error 564. However, when I did get that error I was usually able to get around it by deleting my cookies and restarted the episode instead of resuming. Hopefully that works for you too.

New Poster

error 4007

I keep having my movies interrupted by an error 4007. When I searched for the error all I could find was that the error was a known issue that had been resolved. Any way to resolve this for me?

New Poster

Error 4007

I have error 4007 when trying to watch any True Blood episode.  Can you fix this please?!

New Poster

Here is the info that you may need to fix this:

My Device Information My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:My Set Top Box Names:My Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:50.140.163.219My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; Zune 4.7)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:4.1.10329.0My flash version:11.1 r102Javascript:enabled Cookies:enabled

My Account Information Primary Account:TrueProvider Codes:bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, bs, at, cb, aw, ch, ar, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, br, c, bo, cj, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bnInternet Subscriber:TrueCable TV Subscriber:TrueVoice Subscriber:True

Watch Now

On Your TV

Queue

Search TV & Movies Search XFINITY TV Help XFINITY TV Español  

My Device Information My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:50.140.163.219My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; Zune 4.7)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:4.1.10329.0My flash version:11.1 r102Javascript:enabled Cookies:enabled

My Account Information Primary Account:TrueProvider Codes:bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, bs, at, cb, aw, ch, ar, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, br, c, bo, cj, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bnInternet Subscriber:TrueCable TV Subscriber:TrueVoice Subscriber:True

Parents:XfinityTV.com Parental ControlsParental ResourcesFollow Us:FacebookTwitterWhat to Watch Newsletters

XFINITY News Entertainment Sports Finance Travel Jobs Autos

XFINITY TV Settings Store Sports Latino Family Indie Film Club

XFINITY CONNECT Email Voice Address Book Calendar Preferences

Comcast Services Upgrade Services Mover's Edge XFINITY Bundles Comcast Business Class XFINITY Mobile Apps Customer Guarantee

Support & Information XFINITY Learning Center Help & FAQs Register a Comcast ID Create New Email Address My Account Pay My Bill Submit Feedback

XFINITY © 2012 Comcast Privacy Policy Terms of Service Advertise with Us Contact Us

Comcast © 2012 Comcast Interactive Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved Photo content provided by mptvimages.com TV listings by Tribune Media Services 2003 Bruce Glikas © 2004 ABC, INC. © 2004, Tommy Miyasaki for HGTV © 2006, Jack Parker for DIY Network ABC ABC Family Andrew Eccles/The WB Television Network Andrew MacPherson Bob D'Amico Bud Gray/ABC Cartoon Network CBS Chris Cuffaro/NBC © FOX (1193) David Sutton Evans Vestal Ward/Syfy Fox Frank Carroll/NBC Gabi Rona Gene Howard/CBS Gene Howard/NBC Gene Trindl Gene Trindl/ABC Gene Trindl/CBS Gene Trindl/NBC Gerald Smith/NBC Getty Images Nintendo/Cartoon Network Ron Grover/CBS SCI FI Channel Space Productions Ted Allan THE CW The N The WB Television Network USA Network  

DVR

Queue

Alerts

history

DVR 1

Watch Now

On Your TV

Queue

Search TV & Movies Search XFINITY TV Help XFINITY TV Español

My Device Information  My Zip Code:Unknown My Cable Provider:Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup:False Facebook Queue Syncing:false Facebook Connect:False My public IP address:50.140.163.219 My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; Zune 4.7) My system typeesktop computer or other device My Move player version:Not Installed My Silverlight version:4.1.10329.0 My flash version:11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies:enabled

My Account Information  Primary Account:True Provider Codes:bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, bs, at, cb, aw, ch, ar, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, br, c, bo, cj, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber:True Cable TV Subscriber:True Voice Subscriber:True

Parents: XfinityTV.com Parental Controls Parental Resources Follow Us: Facebook Twitter What to Watch Newsletters

XFINITY  News Entertainment Sports Finance Travel Jobs Autos

XFINITY TV  Settings Store Sports Latino Family Indie Film Club

XFINITY CONNECT  Email Voice Address Book Calendar Preferences

Comcast Services  Upgrade Services Mover's Edge XFINITY Bundles Comcast Business Class XFINITY Mobile Apps Customer Guarantee

Support & Information  XFINITY Learning Center Help & FAQs Register a Comcast ID Create New Email Address My Account Pay My Bill Submit Feedback

XFINITY  © 2012 Comcast  Privacy Policy  Terms of Service  Advertise with Us  Contact Us   Comcast  © 2012 Comcast Interactive Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved  Photo content provided by mptvimages.com  TV listings by Tribune Media Services  2003 Bruce Glikas  © 2004 ABC, INC.  © 2004, Tommy Miyasaki for HGTV  © 2006, Jack Parker for DIY Network  ABC  ABC Family  Andrew Eccles/The WB Television Network  Andrew MacPherson  Bob D'Amico  Bud Gray/ABC  Cartoon Network  CBS  Chris Cuffaro/NBC  © FOX (1193)  David Sutton  Evans Vestal Ward/Syfy  Fox  Frank Carroll/NBC  Gabi Rona  Gene Howard/CBS Gene Howard/NBC  Gene Trindl  Gene Trindl/ABC  Gene Trindl/CBS  Gene Trindl/NBC  Gerald Smith/NBC  Getty Images  Nintendo/Cartoon Network  Ron Grover/CBS  SCI FI Channel  Space Productions  Ted Allan  THE CW  The N  The WB Television Network  USA Network  

DVR

Queue

Alerts

history

DVR 1

Cable Expert

Your Microsoft Silverlight needs updating to ver 5.x

Get it here

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Error code 4007

I was in the middle of watching Season 4 Episode 8 of the Wire when it stopped and gave me error 4007.  Please fix ASAP!  Thank you.

New Poster

Re: Error code 4007

Small world!!! I was in the middle of watching season 2 ep 7 of the wire and got the same error!!! Hopefully they will fix it soon!!!

Regular Visitor

Error message 4007

Stopped in the middle of an episode of Rescue Me.

Can't get it to continue that episode or another episode.

Just installed the newest silverlite.

New Poster

ERROR MESSAGE 4007

While tyring to watch HBO shows online, I am getting an erro 4001 message.  What can I do about it?

New Poster

while watching season 2 of the sopranos, i received error msg 4007? what's this?

New Poster

Error 4007- HELP

Was watching trying to resume game of thrones season 2 episode 8 and it wouldnt let me. First it made reinstall Silverlight then it showed an error 4007. Please help. Thanks!

New Poster

Just did this, problem is not fixed.

New Poster

error4007??

what i need to do to fix error4007?????????

New Poster

error 4007

Hi,

I have been watching tv shows on xfinity for several months without any problems. All the sudden, an error message occured saying I needed to redownload Silverlight. I followed the installation directions you supplied and installed it. I did that 4 times. Yes, I deleted the files before installing.

Now it no longer says I need to download Silverlight. Instead, it says error 4007. I read your page about errors and that is not one that is explained.

I really like the xfinity site and it is the ONLY way I watch tv. If it doesn't work, I will have no need to continue paying for the service. 

Thank you very much for your help.

Jon Gordon

New Poster

Re: 4007

I've also received error message 4007 while watching "The Town" movie. I've been searching through many post and one of them said that the error message was the fault of comcast but then this joe character ends it with, the issue has been resolved. Doesn't "the issue has been resolved" mean that customers should no longer experience such issues? I would really like to get back to my movie. Speedy solution would be great!

New Poster

Re: Error 4007- HELP

The same happened to me.  Game of Thrones.  Episode 1 of Season 2.  This seems to be a continuing problem.  I watch 30 minutes and then I get booted.  

New Poster

I am having the exact same problem today.

New Poster

Same problem. Game of Thrones. Most recent episode. I have the same error but mine won't play at all now.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: error4007??

Hello,,

You might need to update your microsoft silverlight

You can get it here

New Poster

This is EXACTLY what just happened to me. Silverlight. New error. Won't play at all anymore. Same show and same episode too. But now nothing will play through xfinity.

New Poster

why do keep getting error 4007??? fix it comcast- or give me credit for today and all the frustration u are causing me that I am paying for-

New Poster

I am getting the same error, on different programs each time.

Comcast... HELLO!!!

New Poster

Re: error4007??

I think this is likely an error on Ccast's side and nothing to do with your setup.  

See Below:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/error-4014-and-4007/m-p/1129679#M1792

Silver Problem Solver

Hello,,

You can get it here

New Poster

Error 4007 ON ALL CONTENT

I was in the middle of watching Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans just now when it suddenly just quit working and gave me Error 4007. Now EVERY title I try to play gives me the same error code. Help?

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/Bad-Lieutenant%3A-Port-of-Call-New-Orleans/148190/1636382638/Bad...

Silver Problem Solver

Re: ERROR MESSAGE 4007

Hello,,

You can get it here

New Poster

The last time it was fixed, Comcast said it was an error on their end.  

See Below:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/error-4014-and-4007/m-p/1129679#M1792

Silver Problem Solver

Hello,,

You can get it here

Regular Visitor

I was in the middle of watching an episode of "Rome" on line when the 4007 error message came up.  I had already updated the Silverlight thing earlier today.  Now I can't get any of the rest of the episodes.  Is there anyone that can help???  This is a series that was on in 2007 and I've had no problem until about 30 min. ago.  Any help is appreciated.

New Poster

I have been given the same error code. There is an old thread on this and the Tech named "Joe", which we all know is not his or her real name, has stated this issue is on their end. Now accourding to that threat it took them 2 days to fix it. Yet again we are paying for services that are NOT worth the price we pay.

Thanks Comcast! Not really.....

New Poster

Very very small world. I was on season 3 episode 4 of the Wire, and had the same problem.

New Poster

haveing same issue

New Poster

Error 4007

Was in the middle of watching crossing Jordan on stream pix now I keep getting error 4007 other content works just nothing from streampix
New Poster

Re: Error 4007 ON ALL CONTENT

I am getting the same error code 4007!  How do we fix this??

New Poster

I keep getting the 4007 message. I can't watch anything! I've searched for an answer, but I can't figure it out! 

Regular Visitor

i am having the same problem

New Poster

yea updating silverlight doesn't work. Definately seems like an issue on their end since it's random and I use it literally everyday at work

New Poster

Re: Error 4007 ON ALL CONTENT

I have the same errors last time they said it was their end god help me that I pay for this stuff
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community