Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

4k box

New Poster

4k box

When will Xfinity get up to date with a box that will be able to support a new 4k UHD television.  All you offer now is a HD box and as a result I do not get the benefit of my new TV picture

??????    You advertise that you are the best on TV.......Show me when it comes to 4k UHD TV's.

Thank You,

Henry

Contributor

Re: 4k box

Considering few sources have hopped on the 4K train (Netflix being a primary one that streams 4K), a new box would do nothing. In order for Comcast to provide new technology that would do anything differently, the content providers would need to provide the content at that higher level first.  Anything now would be no different than what your TV already does by way of upscaling SD/HD content.

Official Employee

paperclip01 wrote:

When will Xfinity get up to date with a box that will be able to support a new 4k UHD television.  All you offer now is a HD box and as a result I do not get the benefit of my new TV picture

??????    You advertise that you are the best on TV.......Show me when it comes to 4k UHD TV's.

Thank You,

Henry

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XG1v4-TV-Box/td-p/2907630

Unfortunately, there's presently no 4K content

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

There is plenty of free 4K, 8K, HDR, content on You Tube. Netfflix, and Amazon Prime will require a subscription. You should be able to find the apps on your smart tv.

They are delivered to your television over a high-speed broadband source. Your cable-box does not come into play, and is not required.

Frequent Visitor

They will not be any 4k ultra anything until networks start broadcast in that format. Best bet is Netflix and Hulu. Otherwise you are out of luck.
Frequent Visitor

And you also need a connection of at least 50/mb a second. I HAVE 240/megs a second so no trouble from Netflix or 3-d.
New Poster

While my LG B6 OLED TV does a terrific job of upscaling 1080p content from my Xfinity cable box, I’m hoping Xfinity will offer a new 4K cable box soon. By the way, there is an increasing amount of 4K content (movies, TV shows) available on the new Apple TV 4K box. Just got mine and it’s great.
Problem Solver

BradyO:

You cannot get any 1080p from Comcast. Maybe way in their future.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation