Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

2014 World Series Streaming - Xfinity TV 2 Go app

New Poster

2014 World Series Streaming - Xfinity TV 2 Go app

So I really want to stream the World Series while I am on my boat in McCovey Cove this year, and I was really stoked to hear that mlb.tv woudl now be treaming all the World Series games live! Yeah! EXCEPT - you  need to authenticate with your TV provider one time to get access to the live stream. No problem, right, Comcast/Xfinity is probably the biggest provider in the country, not some backwater cable compnay owned by the same people that run the general store. EXCEPT - apparently Comcast/Xfinity is one of or the only cable provider that does NOT have an agreement with mlb.tv for some reason, so I can't stream the games using my authenticated login to Comcast. No problem, I'll just use the free Xfinity TV 2 Go app, it surely will have the FOX Sports channel avaulable, right? NOPE. Fox Sports 1 is on there, but that is not the channel streaming the game.

So, what is going on? Does Comcast have their head so far up their collective a**es that they don't provide a way for customers to stream the World Series games?

Or am I missing some obvious thing here? Should I just buy a Slingbox and use that to stream whatever I want to stream to my iDevice/laptop?

New Poster

Re: 2014 World Series Streaming - Xfinity TV 2 Go app

Any response on this one?  Why isn't Comcast allowing streaming of the WS games?  The LCS and LDS series were all available.

New Poster

Re: 2014 World Series Streaming - Xfinity TV 2 Go app

I'd appreciate an answer to this as well. Why is it that paying customers don't seem to be able to stream the biggest Event in baseball?
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation