Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

$10 for Windows Xfinity to Go App???!!!

New Poster

$10 for Windows Xfinity to Go App???!!!

I'm an X1 subscriber and I recently purchased a Windows based 2in1. I couldn't find a Windows version of the TV  to Go app on the Comcast website so I attempted to get the Xfinity tv app from Microsoft's respective app store only to fiind that it comes with a $9.99 price tag when the app on all other platforms is FREE! Can anyone at Comcast and/or Microsoft help me understand why any Xfinity subsciber would have to cough up another 10 bux to use a feature of a service that we are already paying for? Help me understand please...

Regular Visitor

Re: $10 for Windows Xfinity to Go App???!!!

Golly - Gee Wilikers:

COMCAST & Microsoft in COLLUSION

Silver Problem Solver

I'm not entirely sure the app is legit. The developer is "Dictionary apps". On Android and iOS, the developer is listed as Comcast or XFINITY. The Windows store is plagued with people making apps with similar names to legit free apps, but charging for them, and MS apparently doesn't care as I've tried reporting some of them and MS just says it's OK. There's also no reviews for the app. Best bet is to wait for some people to spend the money to download the app andsee if they reveiw the app, then you'll be able to tell if the app is legit or just a scam.

Frequent Visitor

I purchased this application--which is labelled-xfinity TV Go application.  As far as I can tell this has nothing to do with Comcast or Xfinity.  Despite what is listed in the write-up about this application--you cannot login as a comcast subscriber.  It does not allow the functionality that I expected using xfinity tv go on the android platform.

I believe that this applicaiton is illegally using the Xfinity trademark and ripping off people  Comcast need to contact this software developer and get them to cease using their registered trademark.  Also they need to get this application off the microsoft store since this software is preying on their customers.  Ruining Comcast's reputation.  This is clearly a trademark legal violation.

More importantly, Comcast needs to develop the TV Go application for Win8

Silver Problem Solver

You can report the app through the Windows 8 store, I don't remember where the link is, but it's somewhere on the app page.

But yeah I had a feeling it was a scam app. The WIndows 8 store has tons of other apps that do the same thing, people trying to scam people out of money. Maybe if someone at Comcast sees this they can pass it off to legal or something.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation