HBO Go on PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4

Posted by
Edited on
‎12-06-2016 12:47 PM

Administrator

Message 90 of 97 (6,742 Views)

HBO Go on PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4

[ Edited ]

As of 12/6/2016 HGO Go is now available to Xfinity customers on the PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4.

This means that you can choose from some of the best HBO programs, including: HBO original programming, top Hollywood movies, exclusive specials like World Championship Boxing and Real Sports, and lots of great kids programming. It's the best of what's currently on HBO, plus episodes of programming from past seasons all on the HBO Go App on your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4.

How do I activate HBO GO on my PlayStation 3?

1. Download HBO GO from the PlayStation Store.

2. Open HBO GO on your PlayStation 3.

3. Select Activate Your Device to get your activation code. Stay on this page until you enter the code on your computer (as per the steps below).

4. On your computer, go to HBOGO.com/activate

5. Choose PlayStation 3 and then choose Continue.

6. Choose your TV provider and then enter the username and password for your TV provider account. If you don't know your username and password, contact your TV provider. If your TV provider isn't listed, then HBO GO isn't offered on the PlayStation 3 by your TV provider.

7. On the Activate a Device screen, enter the activation code from your TV (from step 3), and then choose Activate Device.

8. You should see a "Success" message on both your TV and computer. Sometimes it can take a few minutes for the activation to complete.

How do I activate HBO GO on my PlayStation 4?

1. Download HBO GO from the PlayStation Store.

2. Open HBO GO on your PlayStation 4.

3. Select Activate Your Device to get your activation code. Stay on this page until you enter the code on your computer (as per the steps below).

4. On your computer, go to HBOGO.com/activate

5. Choose PlayStation 4 and then choose Continue.

6. Choose your TV provider and then enter the username and password for your TV provider account. If you don't know your username and password, contact your TV provider. If your TV provider isn't listed, then HBO GO isn't offered on the PlayStation 4 by your TV provider.

7. On the Activate a Device screen, enter the activation code from your TV (from step 3), and then choose Activate Device.

8. You should see a "Success" message on both your TV and computer. Sometimes it can take a few minutes for the activation to complete.

Learn more about HBO GO from their website at www.hbogo.com

If you don’t currently subscribe to HBO GO, you can order it online. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
96 REPLIES
Highlighted
Posted by
Edited on
‎03-08-2015 08:12 PM

Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 97 (15,896 Views)

HBO Go PS3

[ Edited ]

Ok. I just  bought the Xbox one  and now I can watch HBO Go 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 97 (15,029 Views)

Re: HBO Go PS3

All - Thanks for your comments and feedback. 

HBO Go availability on PS3 (and some other devices) are business decisions and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties. Thanks for your continued patience. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 97 (14,995 Views)

This is getting beyond ridiculous. I am paying money to Comcast for Internet + TV + HBO and still cannot stream HBO Go thru. my PS3. Why?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 4 of 97 (14,805 Views)

HBO Go is now available on PS4. Will Comcast be preventing me from using this service I pay for on PS4?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 97 (24,490 Views)

HBO Go on PS4?

What is the deal with not allowing HBO Go on PS4?

Posted by
Edited on
‎03-05-2015 01:50 PM

Visitor

Message 6 of 97 (24,330 Views)

Re: No PS4 support for HBO Go.

[ Edited ]

Comcast, Xfinity, whatever you're called - I pay for HBO every month......WHY CAN'T I WATCH HBO GO ON MY PLAYSTATION??  WHAT AM I PAYING FOR????

Like OP, I will also ditch my cable service as soon as the contract is up.  Terrible value considering what's available with Sling TV and the new HBO Now.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 7 of 97 (24,260 Views)

Re: HBO Go on PS4?

Add me to the list of people that will be cancelling Comcast cable the day HBO Now becomes available (probably early April!) if this isn't resolved by then. I am tired of Comcast pulling nonsense like this. The clock is ticking, Comcast. Either stop this greedy nonsense or say goodbye to a lot of your customers. You have about 30 days before it's too late.

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 8 of 97 (24,241 Views)

Posted by
Visitor
Message 9 of 97 (13,852 Views)

If this isn't fixed well before my current 1st year subscription ends I will be switching to Verizon.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 10 of 97 (13,686 Views)

I pay for a triple play bundle and if I want to use HBO GO on my devices ie PS4 that is my decision and not yours. I pay for the privelege of your services. You do not have the right to decide what devices I use your services on. Unblock this now or I will leave as a customer. 

Posted by
Visitor
Message 11 of 97 (24,153 Views)

This is utterly ridiculous. Pay my hard earned money for Xfinity services AND a PS4, but when I go use both devices my good for nothing Comcast doesn't allow MEto use MY MONEY where and how I want. Way to continue to be worthless and difficult while Comcast laughed their way to the bank with my money. Expect a cancellation.
Posted by
Visitor
Message 12 of 97 (13,196 Views)

excited to see ps4 has hbogo.... only to be shot down by comcast not playing along. The only reason I have cable is because of hbo... hope comcast can work this out. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 13 of 97 (13,164 Views)

Thank you for your  reply and 5hats very goodthing. 

Thank you again. 

Posted by
Visitor
Message 14 of 97 (12,884 Views)

Is Comcast going to do something about this? Its rediculous that my wife can watch HBO Go on her smart tv, while I can't with my ps3. Are you making me decide to end my service with you and just go through HBO Now? I pay for the service, So I shouldn't be limited or told how I can use it. I doubt Id get any type of response. Such great customer service.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 15 of 97 (11,608 Views)

It's been over a year and NO movement on this and now you're blocking not only on the PS3, but on the PS4 and the Amazon Fire TV!  Get your stuff together Comcast or I'll be switching to Verizon FIOS.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 16 of 97 (23,674 Views)

I was seriously disappointed that Comcast and Sony aren't delivering this service.  I pay a stupid amount of money to Comcast every month and pay for Sony's PS Plus.  I'm loyal to both companies and have HBO as part of my monthly ransom by Comcast.  There is no rational reason that I shouldn't be able to use this app other than one or both of these two companies are being gready.  I didn't love the Dish but it may be time to head back.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 17 of 97 (11,038 Views)

Ridiculous.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 18 of 97 (10,996 Views)

Come on, Comcast.  You already reached an agreement with Roku.  Get it together with Sony.  Don't deprive your customers.  Motivate yourselves.  Need me to provide you with an uplifting quote?

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on earning 5 kudos! Your great contributions have been much appreciated by the community.

Message 19 of 97 (23,391 Views)

HBO Go PS4

It is ABSURD that Comcast is blocking access to HBO Go on my PlayStation. I had a chat with a customer service rep who informs may they will take my suggestion for that. SERIOUSLY?? Why do I even need to say anything??? You're deliberately blocking access to content I am paying for on the system I would like to use it on. I am leaving Comcast in the next month or two. Unacceptable.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 20 of 97 (10,619 Views)

I just got an HBO subscription through Comcast.  Why can I not stream it through my PS3?  I do not have a cable box?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 21 of 97 (23,324 Views)

Re: HBO Go PS4

Randomfella wrote:
It is ABSURD that Comcast is blocking access to HBO Go on my PlayStation. I had a chat with a customer service rep who informs may they will take my suggestion for that. SERIOUSLY?? Why do I even need to say anything??? You're deliberately blocking access to content I am paying for on the system I would like to use it on. I am leaving Comcast in the next month or two. Unacceptable.

Apologies. HBO Go availability on Playstation (and other devices) are business decisions and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties.

As you may know, we have come to agreements with Roku, Amazon and other third-party companies on these types of issues.

We continue to work with Sony on this. Thanks for your patience. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 22 of 97 (10,589 Views)

usedmedia wrote:

I just got an HBO subscription through Comcast.  Why can I not stream it through my PS3?  I do not have a cable box?

Apologies. HBO Go availability on PlayStation (and other devices) are business decisions and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties.

As you may know, we have come to agreements with Roku, Amazon and other third-party companies on these types of issues.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 23 of 97 (23,280 Views)

Posted by
Edited on
‎06-10-2015 09:06 PM

Visitor

Message 24 of 97 (10,545 Views)

[ Edited ]

Again you completely misunderstand the stituation.  The 3 bright rules relate exclusively how ISPs must treat traffic traveling between an internet site and the end user.  It's about the ISP simply providing the pipe to your house and not having any ability to throttle, prioritize or block traffic in that pipe.

Comcast is NOT blocking HBO Go traffic since you can simply use a different device (Xbox, Roku 3, Amazong Fire TV, iPad, etc) to stream this content.  Nor are they charging HBO more to allow that content to travel faster in their pipes (paid priortization), nor are they making sure any HBO streaming data is slower than other traffic (throttling).  What they have done is not integrate their login service (which verifies if you've actually purchased HBO as part of your cable package) with a 3rd party provider (in this case Sony among others).  The issue here is a "business decision" because Comcast can choose which partners it wants to provide customer data to, nothing in Net Nuetrality says that Comcast must share customer data (i.e. who has purchased what packages) with anyone who wants it.

While this is an anti-consumer policy because it violates of the concept that you should be able to watch content you pay for wherever you want, it is NOT a violation of any of the 3 tenets of net neutrality because it's not affecting the actual traffic between HBO & the end user.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 25 of 97 (23,249 Views)

Really is a shame that Comcast can't grow up and allow their PAYING customers access to all of the content they are PAYING for. Comcast is behind the times and doesn't seem to want to compete with the other competitor out there. It is a shame that Comcast doesn't really care about its customers.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 26 of 97 (23,194 Views)

HrdwrkinAmerica wrote:

Really is a shame that Comcast can't grow up and allow their PAYING customers access to all of the content they are PAYING for. Comcast is behind the times and doesn't seem to want to compete with the other competitor out there. It is a shame that Comcast doesn't really care about its customers.

Apologies. We continue to work with Sony on this issue. It takes two parties to negotiate and come to an equitable agreement. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 27 of 97 (23,170 Views)

It's because microsoft paid comcast off.  It's wrong for comcast to block cutomers who don't want to waste money on a waste of a console from streaming it to the console they own.  I'm seriously thinking of filing a complaint with the FCC or Better Business Bureau if this isn't fixed soon.  Right now comcast has my vote for worst company of the year.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 28 of 97 (23,170 Views)

HBOgo for PS4

I was wondering why HBOgo is not available for PS4 through Comcast? Seems a little ridiculous that you would block this access, so I was wondering when this will be available?

Posted by
Edited on
‎06-24-2015 07:21 PM

Official Employee

Message 29 of 97 (23,126 Views)

Re: HBOgo for PS4

[ Edited ]

Removed. As per the Forum Guidelines, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

Please Note: By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within this document as well as any other posted documents throughout the community. The Comcast Help & Support Forums are subject to the Subscriber Agreement at http://www.comcast.net/terms/subscriber and the Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use. The use of 'remove', 'removal' or 'removed' may be substituted for 'edited' or 'deleted' at anytime. Comcast forum "official employees", "moderators" or "administrators" reserve the right to remove any post and/or topic that we deem inappropriate or disruptive to the Comcast Help Forums Community. These Guidelines Can Change Without Notification.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 30 of 97 (9,996 Views)

We have a perfectly good streaming player in the PS3 why are other devices allowed but no the PS3? We are paying for a subscription service that inlcudes HBOGo which I can stream to any other device. So clearl it's not limiting the service itself but blocking Sony specifically. What is the PS3 doing differently than any other device that it is excluded from the compatibility list?

It is sad that Comcast is willing to put its interests before those of their customers in this and many other areas.

I know it's an old post but should be revived periodically to remind you that this is still importatn to your costumers.

ComcastTeds wrote:

All - Thanks for your comments and feedback. 

HBO Go availability on PS3 (and some other devices) are business decisions and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties. Thanks for your continued patience. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 31 of 97 (22,936 Views)

Same here!!!! I can't activate HBO Go on my ps4 but it works well with my iphone. What's wrong with these people. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 32 of 97 (9,010 Views)

PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 HBOGO access?

I wasn't sure where the right place to file this is, but this location seemed the closest. I have a question: Why can't I use HBOGO on PlayStation 3 & PS4? I know that it is not a problem with my connection or my hardware -- I use HBOGO on my Xbox 360 all the time. An app already exists on both platforms, but when I try to connect my Xfinity account via a web browser, Xfinity/Comcast is not listed as an option. Hmm... I subscribe to the biggest cable company in the country and they're not listed? Weird.

There is no technical issue. Please don't offer me tech support. I have to assume this has to do with some contractual thing, but some clarification would be nice. What's the deal?

-A loyal Comcast and Sony Customer

Posted by
Visitor

Message 33 of 97 (22,416 Views)

FCC Complaint submitted. I recommend everyone doing the same.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 34 of 97 (22,178 Views)

HBOGo launched on PS3 on Mar 04, 2014.  It was noted then that Comcast was alone in not authenticating it.

As many years as this has been the line...would Comcast also be patient if subscribers waited to pay for this?  Of course not. 

I expect exactly what we get with this though, it's why Comcast scores so highly with consumer ratings.  People know when they're not considered significant.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 35 of 97 (6,758 Views)

PS4

How do I get HBO GO on my Playstation 4?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 36 of 97 (21,661 Views)

Interesting that with all the chatter about HBO Go being blocked on the PS4 for Comcast xfinity subscribers and the only reply we get from Comcast is to remove a duplicate post.  I'm new to Comcast (still in my 30 day grace period) and I'm not happy so I think I will cancel my service.  This is just another issue in a long line of issues I've had in my short time with them.  They came to install my service after I paid for the installation and after saying that my wiring was extremely old and wouldn't support their service he decided to drag a cable across my neighbor's yard and then across my to my house.  He then added a bunch of amplifiers instead of adding the wiring to support the service.  I paid for the installation and instead of them giving me what I paid for they performed a hack job.  My service is intermittent and I still have an orange cable stretching across 2 yards to my house.  The installer told me to just pay for the insurance and call them to fix the shotty install job he did.  This is a complete joke.  I figured I could get around their crappy install job by watching some of the premium services I pay for on my PS4 and now I see I can't even do that.  I thought uverse was bad.....

Posted by
Visitor

Message 37 of 97 (21,660 Views)

It's been 9 months since your excuse as to why we don't have service on our PS4 and still no resolution.  You would figure that Comcast would do whatever it took to give their customers what they pay for and yet we still don't have it.  What's your excuse now???

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 38 of 97 (21,581 Views)

Post removed for violating the language filters in violation of Forum Guidelines.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 39 of 97 (7,887 Views)

HBO GO PlayStation 4

Please make add the ability to use HBO GO on the PS4 using comcast credentials. All the other major companies do it, how come you guys don't? The PS4 is one of the highest selling consoles and is constantly used to stream, it doesn't make sense not to be able to use it for HBO GO.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 40 of 97 (11,485 Views)

HBO Go on PS4?

This is just a suggestion, but I would really like HBO Go on my PS4...I don't like Xboxes, and I would really approximate it if you guys would supply HBO Go for the PS4.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 41 of 97 (7,842 Views)

Re: HBO GO PlayStation 4

agreed, these are just more reasons to leave comcast. I was going to sign up for starz, but since I do a lot of my viewing through a chromecast, I decided to subscribe with their new a la carte service instead of through comcast because comcast won't let you used their app. And no, I will not use the xfinity app because again, I like to use my chromecast. 

Posted by
Administrator

Message 42 of 97 (7,826 Views)

Hi jnavarro34 & daniloescobar -- We do not have any support on PS4. These things deal with business decisions and terms that have not been agreed upon between the two parties. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee Digital Care

Message 43 of 97 (11,420 Views)

Hello jacedietz,

We always appreciate any suggestions that may make our services more convenient for our customers. Your feedback helps us to improve the services that we provide. I have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate department for consideration in a future update.

Digital Care
Posted by
Visitor

Message 44 of 97 (11,419 Views)

I have a PS4, I don't have a cable box, I have the little converters that can't receive premium channels, and the only paid service I have is HBO and I can not watch it. Seems kind of selective that Xbox One users can use their app but not PS4 users. Hey, I have an idea, why not unblock it on the PS4?

Posted by
Edited on
‎04-20-2016 05:20 PM

Visitor

Message 45 of 97 (7,763 Views)

[ Edited ]

Unless you are claiming that Sony is making you pay then "These things deal with business decisions and terms that have not been agreed upon between the two parties. " amounts to "we will not provide you with the same service every other isp does because we don't have to even though our customers want this...".  This is simply traffic (which we are paying for) being accessed by the PS4 not any additional "service" being requested from comcast correct?  The same seems to apply to the xfinity on demand being available via PS4.  I urge comcast to make the decision to support and allow both of these items to add to customer satisfaction by providing them via PS4 (which effectively is a computer) in order to save customers needing to hook up a standalone PC just to access these services on their tv. 

Posted by
Visitor
Message 46 of 97 (11,254 Views)

I would like a further description on how this is blocked by PSN. There is a great lack of information on this subject across the internet and many people are affected by it. What is known of this continuing issues resolution? Is there any information as to when this may become available? Why is it only comcast services that do not allow my HBO Go to be used with my PS system when competing companies not in my area (i.e. Charter) do support Go on the Playstation network. Why, if your companies concern is making an enjoyable viewing experience, has nothing been done to come to an agreement between comcast and playstation to make sure these types of services are available? The lack of information provided does not give me faith in your company as my service provider.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 47 of 97 (6,646 Views)

HBO GO on Playstation 4

I cannot fathum why Comcast wouldn't provide HBO GO on my Playstation 4 device. Most other companies allow for it but Comcast is one of the only ones that doesn't have it availible. Come on Comcast, you're better than this!

Posted by
Edited on
‎04-29-2016 09:46 AM

Official Employee

Message 48 of 97 (6,623 Views)

Re: HBO GO on Playstation 4

[ Edited ]

Penick107 wrote:

I cannot fathum why Comcast wouldn't provide HBO GO on my Playstation 4 device. Most other companies allow for it but Comcast is one of the only ones that doesn't have it availible. Come on Comcast, you're better than this!

Apologies. HBO Go availability on PlayStation (and some other devices) are business decisions and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties. 

Comcast customers can use Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV stick to access TV Everywhere apps from HBO Go and Showtime Anytime. Also, our customers have access to these services on Roku, AppleTV, Xbox One and Google’s Chromecast. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 49 of 97 (12,543 Views)

PS4 HBO GO

Why don't you support HBO go for the PS4?