Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity tv go on working on my android mobile device

New Poster

xfinity tv go on working on my android mobile device

i installed the new xfinity tv app on my android phone and my other android device and it keeps saying sorry Because of security protocols required by our network partners, you can enjoy this video on your mobile device only." and i am using a mobile device i used three deferent devices my android phone my tablet and my android gbox it didnt work on any of them can you plz help me

Official Employee

Re: xfinity tv go on working on my android mobile device

abdullak27 wrote:

i installed the new xfinity tv app on my android phone and my other android device and it keeps saying sorry Because of security protocols required by our network partners, you can enjoy this video on your mobile device only." and i am using a mobile device i used three deferent devices my android phone my tablet and my android gbox it didnt work on any of them can you plz help me

That message will appear if screen mirroring/Google Cast is enabled on your device or if the mobile device is connected to an external monitor via HDMI or similar.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: xfinity tv go not working on my android mobile device

i installed the new xfinity tv app on my android phone and my other android device and it keeps saying sorry Because of security protocols required by our network partners, you can enjoy this video on your mobile device only." The old tvgo app never had this come up. Comast retired the old tvgo app. Please fix
Service Expert

Re: xfinity tv go not working on my android mobile device

Kcmprize wrote:
i installed the new xfinity tv app on my android phone and my other android device and it keeps saying sorry Because of security protocols required by our network partners, you can enjoy this video on your mobile device only." The old tvgo app never had this come up. Comast retired the old tvgo app. Please fix

It sounds like you are trying to use the devices with an HDMI connected TV (license does not currently allow that). You can connect using a desk/laptop to a device via HDMI.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Regular Visitor

Is this why the GO app has been retired and the TV app is now the only one that works with devices connected using HDMI?  I live in an apartment building and there is no outlett available without cables hanging everywhere for where our TV is.  I had purchased an adroid box which was working flawlessly until just last week when the GO app got retired.  Is the only other option to watch a TV in a room without a cable outlet Slingbox?

Service Expert

sremedios702 wrote:

Is this why the GO app has been retired and the TV app is now the only one that works with devices connected using HDMI?  I live in an apartment building and there is no outlett available without cables hanging everywhere for where our TV is.  I had purchased an adroid box which was working flawlessly until just last week when the GO app got retired.  Is the only other option to watch a TV in a room without a cable outlet Slingbox?

you can use a desk/laptop and link it via HDMI cable to the TV.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

Why is it blocked on a Motorola Mod?  That is just stupid.

ComcastDan wrote:

abdullak27 wrote:

That message will appear if screen mirroring/Google Cast is enabled on your device or if the mobile device is connected to an external monitor via HDMI or similar.

New Poster

The Mod works with Netfilx....hmmmm.
rc59 wrote:

Why is it blocked on a Motorola Mod?  That is just stupid.

ComcastDan wrote:

abdullak27 wrote:

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation