Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity streaming app skipping content

Regular Visitor

xfinity streaming app skipping content

For the past ~2 weeks, all recorded shows skip content when viewed on my iPad xfinity stream app. I have installed all updates (that didn't help), uninstalled and reinstalled (that didn't help).  I have verified that this also happens on my iPhone and when viewing the content on my computer.  However, the DVR plays the full show with no skips.  I have also rebooted the DVR and that didn't help.  

Service Expert

Re: xfinity streaming app skipping content

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello SadieU, thank you for reaching out to us regarding this concern and sharing your troubleshooting steps that you have you performed thus far. When you say the DVR programs skip are you referring to a DVR download or are you streaming the content? If you're streaming the content, have you tried to download it or vice versa?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Hi comcastAmir,
It is recorded content that I am streaming. I have also downloaded and the skipping (a few seconds at a time, 10-15 times in a 1 hr show) happens when streaming and when watching the downloaded content.
Official Employee

Thank you for that information, when you say skipping do you you mean buffering or is the content skipping from one frame to another? Do you get an error message when you notice the content skipping? Have you noticed any issues with Live TV or on demand content? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am having the same problem as the OP.  It affects both streaming and recorded content, and is repeatable: I get the same skipped moments if I replay it, and it skips the same moments on my kindle as it does on my desktop (chrome).  

Official Employee

geoffrey_kimbro wrote: I am having the same problem as the OP.  It affects both streaming and recorded content, and is repeatable: I get the same skipped moments if I replay it, and it skips the same moments on my kindle as it does on my desktop (chrome).  

Since this issue is repeatable while playing streamed content then I may be able to duplicate on my end. Can you please give me a title or a few titles that you stream and the content skips? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am having the same issue. Have tried to watch several shows from the Food Network and HGTV. I don’t get an error message or anything. There is typically about 15-20 mins cut out of a 60 min recording
New Poster

Having the same freaking issue.
Regular Visitor

Skipping content from one frame to another.  Not a buffering issue (I have a very fast connection and never have buffering). I do not get an error message.  No issues with live TV or on demand content from my DVR. Not sure about on demand through the app.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. Lots of skips in recordings that are being played back from the cloud (I just got a DVR replacement, so I know the recording isn't local to the DVR).

Exact same skip spots whether I playback on the DVR (but coming from the cloud) or the computer. This implies that the cloud recordings are corrupt.

Example: Watching Mythbusters S20 Ep9 Wild Wild West - Science Channel HD, I got tons of skips. First I see is at ~01:38, there is one at ~33:03 (there are dozens in the video, those are just two I know the timestamps for at the momement).

New Poster

Same issue on iPad. Odd thing is that if I minimize the screen, it does not skip. Only when viewing full screen.

New Poster

I am having the same issue.  It has been for about 3 week.  I can watch the same program at home from the DVR and it does not skip.

New Poster

We have been having the same issues for at least a month. Doesn't matter what channel. It skips on & off & you end up missing half the show. Very poor service for what we pay.

Official Employee

Hi mykidshavefur, 

I can help look into this for you. Could you please provide a name of the TV show, movie or network you noticed this happening on? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hey Tlboos! 

Are you still having issues with your shows skipping? You stated you've been having this issue for over a month. I'd like to research your account further. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, the phone number or account number associated with your current services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem fairly frequently. It happens on download and streaming. It's repeatable, meaning if you play the same show it happens at the same spot. I have turned my device all the way off and restarted it, but that doesn't help. I've tried the same things that previous posters have listed and once a show skips on the app, the only way to get it to play without skips is on the actual DVR, but not on any device using the app.

Official Employee

Hi mathetria, 

I can look into this for you. In order to pull up your account, could you please verify your first and last name, full street address, the phone number or account number associated with your current services in a private message? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 12 in conversation